Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Trade deals auction

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi all,

Some ideas bear copying, so thanks to Catskills for putting this idea in front of Galen's eyes who then sent it to me. You'd think it would have struck me sooner.

I'd like to host as Minoc's event this election an auction to support the trade deals and individual cities.

I have still to run the idea past DJ, I am confident it won't be an issue and the use of the first floor of MOA allowable. It will take a couple tweaks to insure the safety of items that have been submitted to Majestic Oaks but nothing that isn't do-able.

So here's the idea (feel free to go look at it, I have it set up most of the way) Each city has a sale box color coded to their virtue. Sorry Vesper you got Aqua as game fiction hasn't assigned a color. There are 7 matching seats in the audience and some "natural or neutral ones"

I'd love to promote people visibly showing their loyalties (and faces/names) by sitting in their respective cities color. Get maybe some competition or bragging rights together.

What I'm hearing from most is the idea is well received. Now I'm not looking for each Governor to give up all their prized possessions for this. But if you in your cluttered closets have items of value that may be turned into gold that's the idea. I'll also pitch this to MOA patrons letting them know this is a DONATION and all the proceeds will be placed on the city stones.

At best I know we can get through 25 to 30 items tops and stay at an hour to 90 minutes. Once you go beyond 90 minutes attendance starts to fall off. what I have experienced is we "start" at 8 the bulk of the crowd arrives by 8:30 by 9:15 we're starting to lose patrons. Realistically we have about a 45 minute peak window.

If we can manage 18 items that sell for at least 1 mil each we have a month of trade deals paid for across the board. Now we can either divide items up and have folks donate to a specific city OR we could lump them all together and split the proceeds between the 9 Governors. What I am thinking is most of these items will be duplicates of things you have, excess of looted stuff that may sell, not hundred million gold rare items.

Now ideally, I am looking for you all to provide a little bit of volunteer labor. We'll need a person to cast gates, I can Auctioneer, and do cashier if I set the pit up with a vendor near me. I will need someone to put items on the table and secure them and a runner to take things from the pit to the delivery station. So it will take 5 people, I think to keep things hopping.

We need a week to promote this I think minimum, and a few hours to work out the details get the set up ready. I know some of you may need a few days to wallow through the chest and chests of stuff to decide what you might part with. We also need to get the word out to any connections we're looking for donations.

I'm thinking our usual slot around 8 p.m. CST on a Friday or Saturday. It is the most requested thing I get at MOA is for a weekend auction so it doesn't conflict with work.

Let me know what you think.
0 x

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Re: Trade deals auction

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Governor's Auction Proposal:

When: Friday May 2nd 2014
Where: First Floor Majestic Oaks Auction house, Vesper
Time: 8 p.m. CST to 9:30 p.m.

Items to be sold will be donated items from hopefully a mix of Governor's and Citizens. At Maximum in a 90 minute period we could run through about 30 to nor more than 35 items. So we're looking at 4-5 items per city. Now I'm not looking for ultra rare items, but things of use, or that you may have multiples of that sort of thing. (Minoc, Britain, Vesper, Moonglow, New Magincia, Jhelom, Skara Brae, Yew @ 2 million per week, 64 million a month) I don't know if we can reach that, depends on the crowd and the items we can manage to raise/collect to sell. I am hopeful that we can put a good dent in it, and spread the cost out over some more citizenry.

See post above for more details.
0 x

Willa of the Yew-wood
City Governor
Character Age: 0

Re: Trade deals auction

Post by Willa of the Yew-wood » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Looks like a wonderful Idea to me!

And you know me I'll be more than happy to help. I've always got stuff you can auction!
0 x

Return to “OOC Minoc Discussion”