Minoc Charter 481

Minoc is the city of Sacrifice located at the foot of the Crescent Mountains in the north of the main continent.

Moderator: Tanda Knighthawke

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Minoc Charter 481

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Minoc Charter 481
Governor Tanda Knighthawke

Whereas Minoc stands proudly as a crown city within the Kingdom of Britannia it shall ever continue to represent the virtue of Sacrifice to all beings. “Sacrifice is the courage to give of oneself in the name of Love.” It is a virtue derived from love and courage and stands in direct opposition to coveting and greed, a city of tinkers whom had the noble Julia as their companion.

Minoc once stood as a beacon on Lost Hope Bay to all those willing to embrace the virtue of sacrifice, it then evolved into a city ruled by nobility. All citizens were required to uphold the Thane’s law.

In the year 464, Minoc citizens in the absence of those of noble birth were granted the right to govern themselves by the High Court of Britannia. While many of the Thane’s laws are no longer applicable to the current situation in Minoc, one must pay homage to all those brave souls whom preceded us.

Minoc once stood in strong opposition to the use of magic or spellcraft so much so that many with those talents hid their skill from the public eye. With a new vision, Minoc shall once again evolve to proclaim the Virtue of Sacrifice as the cornerstone of its existence. Minoc shall once again welcome any and all Virtuous beings regardless of race or origin committed to selfless, loving service to those in the city limits and Britannia to its community. It is said of a Knight
“A knight is sworn to Valor, His heart knows only virtue, His blade defends the weak, His word speaks only truth, and His wrath undoes the wicked.”

I would echo those values as noble in nature, but add that it is part of Minoc’s duty to temper the tendency of this credo to zealousness with courageous devotion to selfless service to those helpless and weak mentioned. With a loving heart and attitude of sacrificial services to others a being stays a course less prone to self-righteousness or vengeance.

One attains the greatest good when one stores NOT material wealth, seeks NOT prestige or fame or the pursuit of self-indulgence.

Law Codex:
Minoc shall find murder an abomination, the act of ending the life of an innocent shall be an offense for which one will face trial and forfeit one’s own life in prison laboring for the service or good of others.

Assault of a person resulting in injury shall result in a trial and be punishable by service to the injured for so long as they are unable due to injury to carry on their once normal activities or financial provision to hire staff to carry out the work load are made.

Kidnapping shall be an offense tried and punishable by imprisonment or hard labor. (False imprisonment) shall also fall into this category.

Slavery is an outrage; NO being shall be sold into, indebted and contracted into or otherwise subjected to the will of others. Servitude imposed by another upon a being with no freedom to leave or decide for themselves shall result in imprisonment equal to the number of years said slaves were held. All slaves and or indentured servants shall be freed.

Theft is also an offense drawing one to trial and punishable by a fine of four times the value of the item(s) stolen.

Adultery is the act of betrayal of one’s marriage partner with another. The offense is a civil matter.

Aiding and abetting a criminal in the commission of or hiding of a criminal act shall carry the same punishment as the original act.

Vampirism is covered under The Britannian Vampirism act ratified in 378 by the High Council.

Human or Humanoid Sacrifice to a deity or being is an abomination and shall be viewed as Murder.

All who dwell within Minoc shall be welcome so long as they honor and exemplify the Virtue of Sacrifice. Rendering aid to travelers, feeding the poor, protecting the weak, healing the sick and wounded sacrifice of wealth, time, and self in the name of love are commendable traits in all.

Any citizen of Minoc regardless of race, origin or gender shall be eligible to represent Minoc upon the High Council or within the local government provided they are over the age of majority (14).
0 x

Max von Bayer
Noob
Character Age: 0

Re: Minoc Charter 481

Post by Max von Bayer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:32 am

I know ye gave me a previous Minoc Charter & Codex (It was labeled 499) which I was ready to approve via the Court. I still have it in my office in the Grove.

However, I think this version is worded much better and also more specific.

Given that this is posted, my opinion that this is the better of the two, is moot I think.

*chuckles*
0 x

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Seems this is the only version I left myself. We can update the year, and replace it if it is acceptable. I had thought I'd originally posted the other here, but it wasn't. So I wanted to fix it.
0 x

Max von Bayer
Noob
Character Age: 0

Post by Max von Bayer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:12 am

It is very acceptable. I guess we can do something in game for a formal approval.

The current year is BY 503, so we could make it Minoc Charter 503?
0 x

Return to “Minoc, City of Sacrifice”