Murder and Mayhem in Yew

Yew is the city of Justice nestled in the Deep Forest on the northwestern portion of the continent.

Moderators: Polynikes Of Yew, Willa of the Yew-wood

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Murder and Mayhem in Yew

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 pm

While on an errand in Yew to purchase wool and examine the sheep there, John and I wandered over to one of the farm fields found a couple rather nice heads of cabbage, we agreed that these may indeed be of benefit to the Yew Militia in the preparation of soup to feed the members or prisoners. Shortly after arriving at the Militia’s headquarters a citizen ran in sounding an alarm to people being murdered near the Abbey.

Those on hand left immediately to investigate the scene. Before long, there was the sound of horse hooves at a gallop outside. I advised the citizen to move to the center of the building away from the windows while maintaining a view of the doors. I cautiously moved toward the window and observed a black robed rider giving chase or being chased through the area west of Headquarters shortly thereafter followed by a few rather large spiders. I summoned a little help to patrol outside the building and went back to awaiting news.

Soon the first wounded limped their way back into the building and the healing began. John returned to check up on those of us in the building and relay any news he had. Seems there were many killed by Roderick and an unnamed Drow. Once again he hurried back out into the fray. The next wounded to arrive was Grand Marshal Polynikes, stumbling around quite obviously in pain and confused. Incantations were done to provide some healing and curative relief. The Grand Marshal was sweating profusely and soon lost consciousness as reports were coming in as to what had transpired in Yew.

Leif arrived as did John, Servious and Basil the details of what had happened in Yew were shared. New details of the events that had transpired prior in Skara Brae also came to light. The Grand Marshal was moved to a more comfortable resting place so the healing work could begin with greater depth. The wound was inflicted by a drow spider according to the Grand Marshal’s own report. My incantation would only delay the reaction it was time to bring in much more aggressive treatment.

Apply cool compresses to his head and dabbing his lips with healing elixir weren’t going to be enough. I needed many supplies from my stores and the natural world. Wolf’s bane, salt, bees wax, wool wax, cow urine, poppies, willow bark, and moss from the river bank to help create drawing salves and stronger elixirs. It will take all my skill to prevent this toxin from dissolving the muscle and organs. With kettles simmering the ingredients give off a foul stench.

While the next batch brews, I spoon sips of pain killer into him. While apply a thick yellow salve to the wound and wrap it in clean dressings uttering words of healing and blessing while I do. The routine needed to be repeated every couple hours as we purge the poison from his body.
0 x

Return to “Yew, City of Justice”