To the Citizens of Yew

Yew is the city of Justice nestled in the Deep Forest on the northwestern portion of the continent.

Moderators: Polynikes Of Yew, Willa of the Yew-wood

Willa of the Yew-wood
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

To the Citizens of Yew

Post by Willa of the Yew-wood » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Dearest Citizens of Yew,
I am afraid our proposals to the King have been denied. So we must continue to use the overland roads and risk attacks from the Slavers and highwaymen to deliver goods to other cities and our hopes of shipping direct from Yew to the islands of Jhelom, Moonglow and NuJelm will not be possible as our bid to get a Dock has been denied. So to our beloved Crafters, Tradesmen and Farmers please be assured that we will continue to make a plea for your cause in the future perhaps after the Invasions.
To our Beloved Monks at the Abbey, the bid to get a Tavernlike area above the Winery has also been denied. Sorry to say that your proposal to holding wine tastings and celebrations upon the roof of the Winery will not be possible. Perhaps you can find room inside the Abbey to hold them, or at another building nearby.
Most important of all I am very saddened to say that continued Patrols to the Yew Far Farms will no longer be possible. With the current invasions our Militia is now on high alert and simply can no longer spare the time or men to run all the way around the bay to the Farms located there. So it is with very heavy heart that I must ask that all citizens living on the other side of the bay please either move to the Abbey temporarily as that is under our guard protection, or I hate to say you will need to hire your own guards as we simply do not have the resources available to help you currently and the Kings Builders have denied the requested addition of a bridge or teleport to your homesteads there. With the invasions of the city proper I just don’t feel we can spare the manpower to patrol all the way out across the bay. I certainly hope you understand. The Monks of the Abbey have assured me that they have extra beds available for those Citizens who wish to move closer to town until regular patrols can be resumed.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely Yours,
Lady Willa of the Yew-wood, Governor of Yew
Lady Willa of the Yew-wood, Governor of Yew
0 x

Return to “Yew, City of Justice”