Tavern Tales of June 11th

Enjoy the free-spirited tavern atmosphere.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Tavern Tales of June 11th

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm

"Warning Bells"
(OOC)(From Tanda's perspective on the night)

As I landed in the crunchy snow of Artic Isle, I dashed for the warmth offered by the pub. As I stamped the snow off my boots inside the door, my mind returned to the obsession which had been plaguing my mind.. of all the odd things to happen in the realm what brought Gha’val Viaxus back to the realm? Or had he never truly left only disappeared back into the darkness of the drow? Of all the faces to appear in the assembly of a High Council meeting I had never expected to see him there again.

I busied myself with stocking the bar, making sure there were adequate numbers of clean glasses and tankards, that the evenings food had been prepared and was properly stored, going over the list of my regulars and their favorite orders. M’lady Dot Warner always drinks cider, eats now and again cheese pizza, Neptune almost always drinks tea once in a while he’ll eat a meat and potatoes sort of fellow, Malag Aste why he, he doesn’t drink spirits but he loves cheese, Galen was always a bit of a toss-up either it would be water, milk or something to dull the senses it varies greatly on his mood.

With the bar in order, I took a few moments to dress myself, adjust and primp so that all the best attributes are highlighted, brushing my hair, a little crushed ginger steeped in vanilla applied to the pulse points, and a mix of ground beetle, wax and rendered fat applied to the lips with a touch of powdered ruby to give that warm welcoming red glow. As I prepare I attempt to get into the mindset that goes along with being tavern keep and leave Justicar behind. Being successful in this business for me is all about the illusion creating an atmosphere where a lad can come forget about the toils of the day.

Soon the first customers of the evening begin to arrive, and it is time for Tanda to assume the role of hostess. Familiar faces at first arrive, then a tall elven fellow with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes, in the company of a woman in rather highlander or yew wood inspired attire, followed by of all people Gha’val Viaxus. Taking a deep breath I attempt to put the feeling of the hair on the back of my neck standing out of my mind. Two strangers and a drow whom when I’d last seen him was on a questionable course in his life, this it seemed had to be more than mere coincidence.

It wasn’t long before Gha’val and Malag Aste were exchanging insults in their native tongue, with bits and pieces I think spoken in common English for our benefit. The tension between them was palpable and it was soon quite clear that Gha’val had since returned to the old ways and was again honoring more of the drow traditions.

I continued to wait on tables, chat with customers, and listening to the crowd as the two drow continued on. In an attempt to pacify the situation I went to address Gha’val, making small talk about the old days and his service to the realm and the Highland Guard. I spoke to him of the time I would have counted him among those I considered my friends he informed me he was “still my friend.” There was no comfort in those words, only an even more foreboding sensation welling up within me. Shortly thereafter he stood his posture confident and assured as he walked out of the tavern.

I turned my focus to the other strangers in the tavern, chatting about Britannia, where they’d come from or were visiting. It was soon apparent they were old friends with a history but not a couple. Also it was soon evident the blonde elf was not only handsome, but fond of his ale and the ladies. Later on in the evening it became evident that what they shared in common, he and the lady and a mystery man who randomly appeared is their trade, which gave a new area of concern when coupled with all the other goings on in the realm. I couldn’t help but wonder if their appearance in the realm was connected to Gha’val, my ghost and all this upheaval or purely coincidence.
Despite my love for John, this new stranger had an appeal that bordered on intoxicating.
The alarm was sounding, but playing second fiddle at the moment to curiosity and puzzle I found in what I heard in his words and saw in his eyes.

When I closed the tavern for the night I found my mind filled with doubt, few things it seemed were ever completely coincidental. I found my way back to the haven I had been calling home, climbed the wooden stairs of the Grand Marshal’s home to find my place in the barracks that once housed the rest of his guild, waited for John to return home.
0 x

Return to “Tavern Talk”