Severn Split

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)
UO Shard: Great Lakes

Severn Split

Post by MalagAste » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:32 pm

The dark figure walked through the mists into the town of Wolves Hallow. Darkness followed her as she strode past the buildings. She smiled looking at them knowingly. Such dreams, now is the time no pack to guard the one left behind. The evil grin on her face spread like the fog she brought with her.
Darkness and heat preceded by a damp fog flowed around what remained of Wolves Hallow. A silence brought on by the darkness caught Severn off her guard. Something was wrong, she knew it. She walked out of the Library. The building was fully packed and ready to move, Severn was just making sure all was ready. She gazed about in the darkness her Drow eyes helped little in the hot fog. She heard a rustling nearby.
“Tibs, is that you?” She asked. “Tibs?” Nothing but silence returned to her ears. But then suddenly the silence was broken by a sinister laughter. Severn turned to face the sound, but there was only fog. Once again came the laughter this time from behind her. Severn tried not to jump or appear startled, as the hairs on her neck rose. The fog began to swirl about her as if it were trying to choke her, Severn nearly lost her footing as she fought to see her assailant. “Who’s there?” She demanded.
“Why Severn, we have not formally met,” came a sinister female voice from the fog. “I am Rylna. Rylna Barrirret and I have come to speak to you.”
“What do you want?” Severn demanded of the voice her own voice strong and confident.
“Oh, I want…” the voice began now seeming right beside her. Severn turned to the sound of the voice, a crushing hand thrust through the fog and grasped her by the chin lifting her from the ground with such strength it felt as if she were a mere toy. “I want your husband. The Dark Prince, tell me where is he?” The voice demanded.
“I’ll tell you no such thing.” Severn spit through her pinched cheeks, as she kicked out trying to break free of her attacker. She met only more laughter as she was thrown back onto the stairs.
“You my dear are not in a position to deny me.” Rylna said, now stepping from the fog. She appeared to be a dark elven female, slender but muscular, red crimson eyes, and dark ebon skin. One would think her no more than any other drow female but for the two small horns upon her head and the demon like tail streaming behind her. There was a sharp crack and Severn felt the sting of a whip upon her shoulder. She looked at the wound only to find eyes looking back at her. Six small snake heads were now implanted on her arm biting viciously into her skin. Anger welled inside her but the pain kept her frozen.
Rylna laughed again as she stood over her prey. “No position at all. Tell me where he is and I may let you live.” She demanded again.
“I would die first!” Severn spat tearing the nasty snakeheads from her flesh and throwing them down. She tried to stomp them but Rylna pulled them away only to send them out again with a crack. This time they bit hard into her thigh. Ice cold freezing pain shot through her body with each savage bite.
“Oh it won’t be that easy for you to refuse me foolish female. Call to him. Call him with your pain.” Rylna said pulling the whip back and striking Severn again and again.
Severn forced herself to ignore the pain as she fought to keep her mind from thinking of her husband, Malag-aste. “I will not!” She said defiantly.
“Then you will die.” Rylna laughed “and he will know true pain.” Rylna began to mutter the words to a spell, Severn fought hard to try to move but the whip hit her again this time in the ankle preventing her from standing. A bright flash of light and a crack of lightning tore through the air between her and Rylna, through the light stepped someone Severn never expected, Mystra Malag-aste’s Goddess. Severn never liked her, but now she was a welcome sight. Rylna set loose her spell and Severn fell into darkness.
Severn awoke briefly to see herself lying on the stairs. Rylna was falling back away from Mystra, who was standing over her. But then crippling pain struck her mind and she drifted back into the darkness.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Severn awoke and looked around. The Library was gone, and she was on the ground before two buildings that resembled the Craft Hall and the Meeting Hall. She tried to stand but found that she couldn’t. A bright flash of light brought Mystra to her side.
“Do not try to get up just yet. You are weakened. I am sorry I was not there in time to complete the spell, but this will have to do.” Mystra said.
“What do you mean? What spell?” Severn asked weakly.
“I wanted to teleport you away from danger, but there was no time, and Lloth intervened. I am sorry.” Mystra told her.
“Am I dead?” Severn asked, confused.
“No, just split. I’m afraid I have duplicated you. I had to move you here with your pack, and I’m afraid you can never return home. It would cause you both pain and death.” Mystra explained.
“Two of me? That was me on the stairs!” Severn gasped.
“Yes I’m sorry. I did not mean for that to happen. I must warn you though. Your husband is here, or rather a version of him is. You see your husband and his brother were born long before the shattering. So he is here, in a way, but he will not know you. So I know this may seem awkward, but if you see him do not be startled and remember he does not know you here.” Mystra said. “I’m sorry but I must go and attend you back there. I’m sure you understand, but you cannot go back there.” With that she vanished in a flash of light.
Rylna spat at Mystra and vanished into the dark, hissing. “I will have him, witch, you may have won this time but you cannot protect them forever.”
Mystra carried Severns weakened form back to Newcastle and left her in the Priory in the care of Brother Thomas. “Care for her well my friend, she has been through much.” Angry at her near loss Mystra returned to her otherworldly plane to recover.
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”