Tales of the Vespian

Tales and stories of little known happenings. (Please use the OOC sub-board called 'Roleplay Springboard' to discuss the stories posted here)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Tomoey
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Tales of the Vespian

Post by Tomoey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

"Its cold out tonight" Tomoey said to herself. She had been on this island for four days now, two times she had seen sign's of a ship in the distance but either the fisherman was to busy fishing, or their were blind.

"Stupid girl should have been here by now, I swear I leave a letter and I told her pretty much where I was going... this had to be the only bloody island in the between Vesper and that bloody stupid floating city" She kept clicking rocks together trying to make a fire.

Fire was her savor, those stranger black monster that inhabit this island seemed be afraid or at least didn't understand the fire. Her first night on the island had been a rough one.......

Tomoey slowly opened her eyes, "Oh bloody hell" she thought as she looked around at the immediate area. She had ran the ship into this island, beaching it. It was the only way to save her gold. Everything went wrong the minute she came across that large ship.

This strange woman had boarded her ship. Tomoey wasn't ready for a fight... her gear was in the cargo bay, all she had was her dagger. Reaching behind her back she fingered the dagger. "Yup still there" she thought.

"Ahoy, Great day today isn't it" the strange woman said as she stepped aboard. Tomoey ran her eyes across the ship, she had done regularly. Look for a escape, know your enemies weapons, numbers, do they have the ability to disappear, can you win this fight? All things she needed for her line of work. And after a minute she knew the truth of her situation, she couldn't win, she would be lucky to get out of this with her life, let alone all the gold she had in her cargo bay. She only had one chance of surviving this.

"I said Ahoy, can't your bloody hear me. You know its customary to say 'Ahoy' back" The woman now had her foot on her ship. "It was funny meeting someone out here, so far from land you can get hurt, speciality in a small boat like this. Now for a small fee. We would be more then happy to give you safe passage to port." The woman smirked and look down at the cargo bay. "Seventy five percent of whatever in that cargo hold, what do you say?"

Tomoey fingered the dagger "I think I'll pass" in two step she was in the woman face, two seconds after that she plunged the dagger into the woman heart, or where is should have been. For the woman had moved with lightning fast speed, before Tomoey knew she had gotten her dagger stuck in the woman's rib cage. Letting go of the dagger she kicked at the strange woman flinging herself away.

Falling back on to her ship, Tomoey was quick to recover and shout orders "Sail... BLOODY SAIL!" The ship lunged forward with great speed. Chaos had erupted on boat the larger ship, Cannons we getting loaded, people we rushing to the woman. She would live, but that wasn't her problem right now. Tomoey's ship was unable to out run those cannons in two minute should be underwater, and with her the gold she had acquired. "Zig Zag now! Avoid the cannon fire"

Some reason the cannons didn't fire, till to late. Cannon balls hit the water on both sides of the ship... five shots were fired, and that put a smile on Tomoey face she had avoi...... BOOOM!

A large cannon ball erupted around the back of her ship, wood and man were flung from the ship. She watched as her tiller man was ripped apart. Chaos sprung forward, her crew was preparing to abandon ship, they were run around the deck looking for at the damage, looking for the best way to escape. "Shouldn't of hired a fishing boat" she thought. "Next time I'll hire marines"

Aboard the Crimson 1:

The strange woman looked out at her prey, and smirked "Prepare the boarding teams, she's dead in the water. Tonight boy's the drinks are on the captain" She turned to her tiller woman "And Daphie you and I will be spending some much needed time in the largest room Vesper has to offer" She smiled at the tiller woman and then look out at her prey and was shocked by what she seen.

Aboard the Vespian:

Tomoey stood and looked around the ship was now given chase, in the distance was a strange island, she had never charted these waters. She look back behind her, the choices were clear, if she set here she'll had to fight that ship, alone cause as she spoke fishermen were jumping over board, most likely she would die, or she could beach herself. On the ground she would have a better chance, spread them out... kill them one to two at a time... Perhaps get aboard that ship, and steal it. Would save her a lot of money. She reached out and grab a young man, "Drake was his name" she thought. "You take the tiller! BEACH US! ON THAT ISLAND" She pointed to the west "NOW!" The boat turned swiftly and speed-ed for the island.

Aboard the Crimson 1:

"Fire the cannons, ALL OF THEM! FIRE THEM NOW SINK THAT SHIP BEFORE IT HITS THAT ISLAND! DO IT! FIRE!" She couldn't let her beach there, if the rumors were true, she wouldn't dare put herself on that island, she wouldn't come within a hundred yards of that island at least not without finding that bow.

Aboard the Vespian:

The Cannon fire picked up now, and the ship was closing in on them. "Err.... we're not going to make it." But just then she caught sight of the ship behind her, it was given up the chase. "Thank the light" she thought. CRACCCK! Tomoey was flung from the ship, she hit the ground, and felt as if she had slammed into a rock wall, then she blacked out.

In the distance a low growl could be heard.

Aboard the Crimson 1:

"Set sail for Floating city, I need this dagger removed plus I could us a drink" Egeanin looked out at her prey, just then it crashed into the island. Forty yards from the ship, she saw the giant black creature raise up from its sleeping position. "The Light help you girl. I wish you a swift death"

She turned back to the tiller woman and smiled "When I find that bow, I won't stop for anything!"

The Island:

Tomoey awoke two hours after sunset, she could barely make out her ship, she made out a figure leaning against the tiller, "Must be drake she thought" Her head was on fire, it felt like someone was beating her with a cane pole, her body was aching so much. Slowly got to her feet, and that's when she heard it. The cracking of sticks, she flung herself too the left as a black rock like arm smashed into the spot she had been stand in. A large rock-like creature stood up and looked down at her, it seemed to smile.

Aboard the ship, Drake was slowly waking up, opening his eye's he saw a blurry vision of his captain, and his eyes look in terror at the moving mountain next to her. He let out a scream, as he figured out it wasn't a moving mountain but a creature.

Tomoey watched as the creature reacted to the scream, it turned and head for the boat. Reaching down it plucked Drake up in one hand. The boy was now screaming in terror as the monster ripped him in two, and then threw the chucks of body on the floor and turned toward Tomoey.

Reacting in the best way she knew, she ran from the site of the crash and deeper into the island hoping to find something. The rock-like creature speed-ed after her, she had to find a place to hide. The woods in front of her erupted with movement, five more rock creatures appeared in front of her. "Oh bloody hell" she thought, dodging to the left just as a arm exploded again where she was standing. She reach up and snapped a branch from the tree, "If I got to bloody run in this island I want to see where I'm going". She came to a halt a few yard from where the five had appeared. Reaching in her pocket, she brought out a small wooden box, opening it. She pulled out her kinder set and clicked the rocks together, lighting a small spark. She reached down and pull on the sleeve of her shirt and pulled a nice size piece off, she wrapped in around the stick. She could here the creature getting closer. She clicked the rocks again this time, on the cloth she wrapped around the branch. It caught, and lite up the ground and the area around her.

Two feet from her face, stood a large creature, she shouted out as the creature's heavy arm swung over her. Dropping her box, she ran into the woods.

Present:

That whole night she nursed that fire, praying it kept the monsters away. The creature's seemed to stay in the middle of the island, not wondering to far to the shore. So this is were Tomoey had made her camp. Her ship was on the other side of the island, and even know she searched the woods in the day time, she could not fine the kinder box.

Four days, she had watched for a ship, but nothing ever came. She was close to given up, but she had to stay ready. Suddenly something caught her eye, off in the distance she could make out the forms of a large group of Rock Golems, and strangely they were heading right towards her. As if understanding she had spotted them, they broke into a run. This was odd, they never seemed to attack out of no where, let alone come this close to the shore. She jumped up and ran as fast as she could for the shoreline, She didn't know how large this island was but she run along the shore, maybe she could find her ship, then she could jump aboard her ship, it wouldn't get far off the beach before sinking but maybe she could find a ship. So many maybes but anything was better then this island. And that's when she spotted it. A ship in the distance sailing right for the island.

She screamed as loud as she could... "HELP HELP! FOR THE LIGHT HELP ME!" The Captain heard her, and was making its way to the shore. She kept running making large circle's hoping these monster weren't smart enough to catch on. She keep a eye on the boat, when it was ten feet from the shore, she heard the greatest thing in four days "Jump aboard!" the man in black yelled.

Tomoey looked back and saw the monsters closing in on her, with the last bit of her strength she made a long jump, her feet met the ship. And she dropped from exhaustion. Finally she had made it, she would live. Looking at the ship she saw the man coming closer to her, she didn't know if she could trust him, but who he hell cares, she was off that bloody island. She would never come here again, "I'll get my gold and then my ship, and I won't have to worry about anything, like this again!" she thought. As the man approached she looked up and said "Boat... north side of the .... island... take me there.... please... "

And with that said blackness took over.
0 x

Return to “Bard's Corner”