Vassal State (IC story)

The sleepy hamlet just outside Skara Brae. (NOTE: WW is defunct, forum kept for historical purposes)
Duke Greenspan
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Vassal State (IC story)

Post by Duke Greenspan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:48 am

Characters: Duke Greenspan, a dark messager from Bedlam, Qui-Gon

Dark Messager: "This is madness! You new business proposal is cutting down the reagent prices far too much! The worst is, you are cutting down the number of our 'fresh supplies'! This is not acceptable, my masters will not take these deals.".

Although facing a very angry dark magic user, the duke of the town show little concern on the messager. The Duke gave a mocking smile on his face and then replied cooly;
Duke: "A few things you Shadow Lords must learn... firstly, Nosfentor's time is no more, although your clan managed to destory Magicina, but it seems that's how far Shadow Lords can go. Secondly, our term with Tokuno Empire is over, we choose how to deal with our alliances... with a clan which is losing its power, this is all we will offer to Bedlam and Umbra. It is very wise for your clan to keep Belam and Umbra as neutral, otherwise, I found myself lack of the patient to deal with any shadow lords' clan.".

Dark Messager: "Ah... you turncoat! Is that our clan who paying you the money to rebuild your town? Without our money, your tiny little town won't survived from Ophidan's war! How dare yo...", without allowing the dark messager to finish, the duke stare sharply on his visitor and said:

Duke: "I barely think your money is a gift to Whispering Wind! Let me correct you one thing, you pay us the money just because we are able to provide you the 'fresh supply'. Surely, you should learn by now that this supply is extremely hard to come by; not many people can offer you such a deal. The money you have paid is a fair business deal. As for the reagents, you should be thankful that I have removed the necromancy banner from the old town council, otherwise I can assure you your reagents won't even have a market in Whispering Wind.".

The messager was fully provoked for what he had heard. He held his fist tight and there are posionous smog coming out from his left fist as if he was going to cast a spell on the Duke.

"Don't even try!", shouted sharply from Qui-Gon, the Duke's private security guard. He raised his bow & arrow out and pointing directly to the dark messager.

"Relax gentlemen, relax... hehhe..", the Duke smiled coldly as if "he was not worried at all. "Whispering Winds is such a peaceful town to start a fight don't you think?". Sensing there was no advantage for him to make further trouble, the dark messager slowly sit back and cancel his spell. Then Duke Greenspan gave him a sealed letter.

Duke: "Take this new proposal back to Bedlam. Tell your masters I will only take as much reagents from Umbra as other cities in Britannia will do. As for the fresh supply, tell them I am running out living prisoners for their tests. They have to pay me triple the cost if I can ever come up with any.". The dark messager looked at the Duke angry but the Duke pressed on, "Oh, and don't think of doing anything silly... as the town and myself is now well protected by the Royal Council and its Felucca army. If your master don't like the new deals, I suggest the Shadow Lords to put some more efforts in Felucca, maybe I will consider renew my deals again if they can outbest the True Britannia by that time, hahaha..".

Realizing there was too little he could do at this moment, the dark messager grab the letter unwillingly and left the meeting room.

Qui-Gon: "Will that be too aggressive to treat the shadow lords in this way my lord?".

The Duke: "Hehehe... don't worry, they are not a threat to us. I would rather spend more time to deal with the Royal Council and its True Britannia Alliance. With their support, Whispering Wind can raise from ash in no time.". Then he picked up another sealed letter and passed it to Qui-Gon, "Give this to Lore Denin, tell the commanding lord of True Britann force to pay a visit to Whispering Wind, much we shall discuess with each other.". Qui-Gon nodded and exited the meeting room with the letter.
0 x

Duke Greenspan
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Re: Vassal State (IC story)

Post by Duke Greenspan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 am

(OOC note): Story about is just a "in game" story plot for putting Whispering Wind back to role play. :)
Instead of rushing myself back to RP world, I am trying to make it abit more creative. Since Whispering Wind was once allied with Tokuno Empire (& TE since they were once in the same ally), I will create a story (in diff. series) to explain what happened to WW from it old alliances to the new ally now.
More about the town (buildings & history) will be told on next story. :Dancing

See u guys in the game!
0 x

Return to “Whispering Winds”