Testing

The sleepy hamlet just outside Skara Brae. (NOTE: WW is defunct, forum kept for historical purposes)
Duke Greemspan
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Testing

Post by Duke Greemspan » Tue May 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Testing :Dancing
0 x

Malice-CLAN
Master
Guild Affiliation: CLAN

Re: Testing

Post by Malice-CLAN » Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

1,2...testing 1,2..
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Are you guys coming back?

I saw these posts but l haven't seen any of you around Whispering Winds.
0 x

MalagAste
Grand Marshal (GL)

Post by MalagAste » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Hum.....

*Makes a note to do a few patrols through Whispering Winds from time to time*
0 x

Duke Greenspan
Citizen

Post by Duke Greenspan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 am

Hi,

well, it's abit complicated... to make it brief, we (majority of WW ppls) are now more on faction (felucca)... other than Lore Denin, it seems not many ppls are capable to get invovle in High Council/in-character role play.

While I won't say we want to cut Whispering Wind out from role-play, but honestly, I can't connect faciont ppls to High Council storyline too well either... Beside, we are spending almost all our resource & efforts to keep those sigils within Britannia's control for most of the time.

At this stage, Whispering Winds will remain as a True Britannia base in Trammel shard and remain neutral to High Council. We have a few buildings under construction, but should be ready to open for public at the end of July. Hopefully we can come up with someone to represent us to HC in future.
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:57 pm

I guess, well to be honest, what prompted my reply was I saw this post and the story and was perked a month ago.

Then I watched a WW 18x14 collapse on the south farm and later saw a post from you asking why GL's EMs aren't doing anything. Now, I know Martyna doesn't report all the spy missions where a large part of the story happening on Great Lakes, but if you've been to any mission as of late you would know where the story is. So your post had me wondering if you all had given up on returning. However, your quick reply proves otherwise! I'm glad to hear you all are still playing and I am sure Nero loves that someone is still pushing the True Brit faction onward.

The reply leaves me with more questions though!

The Council is just following the rp storyline happening in game as EA has setup. How can your roleplay not mesh with that? If I know one thing, it's that Lore Denin isn't going to take Casca destroying the meaning of the Virtues. With Casca having an arrest warrant out for the Chancellor and High Council, I would think you, as men of Virtue, would be out there in the battlefield fighting Casca. I don't see why you think your rp can't work with the Council.

From that point though, I think I detected a reasoning that maybe you just don't think you guys have time for roleplay? If that is the case, I must ask the question of if you would have any quarrell with any other guilds taking over the 'rp' of the area. I know there is another guild in Skara Brae now that seeks to represent the area. I mean with Redlow's Estate, the new Skara guild, and other rp'rs from the community having housing there, it's like the two really are one. Thats all hypothetical to the idea that you just don't have the time, if you do, well then I go back to point one. Your rp fits with the current Council/Casca rp!
0 x

Duke Greenspan
Citizen

Post by Duke Greenspan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 am

Hi Basil,

1st thing 1st, yes, I admit I missed muct of the EM event... To be honest, I was even thinking all the shards are running the same storyline of Lord Casca, that's why I was initially thinking GL is lagging behind since I mistake it as we should do the exact same things as Baja is going. It seems I did upsad Martyna abit on this issue, apologize on that, and things are more clear to me regarding on Great Lake EM events now.

As for the "role-play"... kindly allow me to elaborate abit on that. I am no referring to the role-play storyline which HC is taking against faction player is doing. Yes, HC is working on the storyline to make a better Brittannia in Trammel and Faction players are doing their part in Felucca, that's somethng similar enough. Actually, I am trying to say there is a problem if I put all the faction players to Great Lake Role-play community at this stage (I am referring to the way players are reacting, not the storyline). Allow me explain abit further down:

1). Faction players (at least the majority) can't role-play at this moment.. Why? Honestly, not all of them are very "in-character", and they tends to KOS as long as they meet their enemy. With my understanding, that's very much the basic RP rules... so I will say faction players role-play as Britannia protectors, but really, not many of them can match up with the "role-play standard" as what the decent RPers expected.

** There are even a time Lore Denin put his faction alliance group to RP community, but many faction players attack "organe" ppls on sight in Felucca... the case was so upsading and this become a serious issue to QdV (the guild in Spider city). They were so upsad and refuse to rp/declare RP wars with Denin's group... not to mention we received tons of complain from QdV... the worst is, many faction players votes for stop involving in RP wars cuz they said their are too much regulations... That's why OI- (Order of One) has not been engaged in decent RP events after that.

2). Regarding on the point of "time to rp". Again, if u ask it to Denin, the answer is obvious, he is playing the game on & off and it is a lie if I tell you he can commit a full participation in all the High Council meetings. Myself? Honestly... I work on nite shift :Think .... Needless to say by sending in an "off-character" faction player to HC meeting is just a nightmare... I won't lie to you, there are no suitable candidates... (at least not what I know of). Honestly, we are out of luck to get a guy who can do both faction and decent RP well... otherwise we won't come up to this pt now.. :D'oh!

Yeah, we realize long time ago Redlow has a hse in WW area almost a yr ago. And I though you have one in WW area too. Before I carry on my though on this issue, again, kindly allow me to elaborate the foundation of Wishpering Winds:

The turth is, Whispering Winds is a player-make/run town, which has NEVER a subordination to any single guild. Allow me to give some details: while Newcastle belongs to RKR (and its sub-guilds) or city of Yew is YM's, Whispering Winds is owner by many different guilds. Rememer Christopher from LHL (who was one player as a councilor in HC), he is part of the owner of WW. However, he is not the single one who run the town. We have Omura (once rped as Grand Marshal) from WWM, Denin from OI-, myself and some other guy (5 ppls) who owned Whispering Winds. We are more like "stock holders" of Whispering Winds, each with our own things to rp on during that time. The way we form WW is that, each of us contribute our houses for the public and agreed to operate these buidlings as a town. So technically speaking, if Redlow wants to setup a guild (or some other ppls)and take parts in the town ownership, they are free to do so... Infact I am even looking forward to see if I can co-operate with them.

I know ppls many think WW is more like a town purely from OI- or solely controlled by Denin/me... honestly, this is half right. For the "yes", most orginal WW town founders have quit the game... Denin is one of the few surviver and I hold up 6 main buildings in WW area... so it makes me like the main stock holder of WW. Furthermore, I am in same guild as Denin, so technially there is only 1 share holders left in town.. I won't repeat why WW seems to be lack of contacts/interactions with decent rpers, as I have done this earlier in this post (yet, Denin always enjoy to interact with you guys once he is active in UO, he did drop down to HC onc for awhile). For the "No", both Denin and I always welcome if any rpers can contact us. Not only we won't disagree other ppls to represent WW, we encourage ppls who are interested to contact us. I stronly believe WW will be a better place if more ppls from different guilds can join in. We will see how well we can "spread the shares/stock of WW around".

Currently, I have 6 houses and 1 from Denin (7 in total). Since there is only 1 faction guild existing in the area, if I don't it as a faction town, what else should I go for? Of course, things can change if there are other guilds are interested to join in the town.

I agree there are many things for me or the current WW owners need to work on to make it a better RP town, but really, I am open to others. Feel free to icq me 82049051 or leave a message in the forum... I am checking both from time to time. While I don't think we should put OI- (or the TB alliance group) to the rp community due to the problem as mentioned above, it won't stop any rpers to achieve something in WW. I said WW is "neutral" to HC cuz OI-(faction guild) is the only existing group in WW now... if there are more guilds to come in, we can surely adjust the role for the town. 8-)
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 pm

I must say Duke, I sincerely respect your post. That is one of the more brutally honest posts I've heard about overall state of Great Lakes. Usually it's hard for people to admit when things are dire. As you say, outside of you, Lore, and maybe another, there are none that are a part of the True Brits right now that would want to have anything to do with roleplay. I wonder myself where we can find people on our shard to recruit. Sometimes it seems our best hope is to recruit off shard.

It's depressing to see things in the state they are. I mean, it's natural as the game matures and grows old that it will lose players. However, if they had never got rid of the seers or maybe brought them back like 4 years ago, I don't think things would be anywhere close to what they are now. I believe there would still be a large number of roleplayers.

I hope you guys do find some time for roleplay. It would be nice to see some Order around.
0 x

Lore Denin
Citizen

Post by Lore Denin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:23 am

Don't call it a comeback...but with the restoration of sigil timers from four hours to three days, an increase in flexibility and play time, a new expansion to bring fresh meat to Britannia.. Whispering Winds will begin the slow grind back from the ashes (or so we hope).

I want to thank Duke Greenspan for keeping Whispering Winds alive while I was away, both campaigning in Felucca and studying in RL. There would be no Whispering Winds today without your continued effort to keep it alive. I and all those who have enjoyed interacting and participating with this small suburb of Skara owe you a great debt. It means more to me then I can ever fully express. Thank you.

To the great friends and alliances I have found within the True Britannians. Thanks for tolerating an rping fool who "talks funny", and acts like the War is real. A person who *smiles and shake his head in confusion at the strange slang used in Felucca* and for carrying the TB torch and remaining true to the cause and character of TB when I could not be around (even if you didn't know you were doing it or what I was talking about :) It is only because of your strong efforts and continued ability to keep the towns out of "evil" hands that I can look beyond my mission in factions and expand my rp.

To all those in the role-play community, I am looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting those I have yet to interact. I have been away from Whispering Winds for far to long but I hope it is not to long before I meet you here in Whispering Winds!

-Lore
0 x

Return to “Whispering Winds”