Third Magincian Crusade

Discuss articles posted on the Great Lakes Tribune (http://gl.uorpc.net/glnews.php)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Martyna Z'muir
Librarian
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Library of Sosaria
Guild Abbreviation: LofS

Third Magincian Crusade

Post by Martyna Z'muir » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:00 pm

This just in from Galen Knighthawke of The Legacy of the Fallen:

The Third Campaign of the Magincian Crusade will be this Saturday, December 4, at 8pm Central. (We will gather at that time and depart very shortly thereafter.)

This might conflict with the end of the weekly CFC pet fights, but those who are at the pet fights can always jump into the campaign once it's already in progress. In fact, the many combat-ready pets I've seen at the fights will be quite welcome on the Crusade, especially after warming up in the arena.

We will once again cast off from around the Library of Sosaria banner, south of the Yew Moongate in Trammel, at coordinates 70o 35' North, 40o 25' West. Once again, I envision the campaign as a simple affair. Gate in, kill as many of them as possible according to a battle plan I will outline that night, then leave.

For the last two campaigns, the forces of Virtuebane met us with increased defenses. Whether that will happen this time or not, I cannot say, but either way, the armies of Virtuebane will neither leave our shores, nor leave our allies alone, unless they are made to taste their own blood, again, and again, and again. We must make the cost of their actions unacceptable to them.

The Magincian Crusade, I have said since its beginning, will continue until the forces of Virtuebane have been driven back to Hell, or we all die.

I meant it, whether this takes two more campaigns, or twenty, or fifty. Evil does not stop. Nor can we.

When Magincia was first smashed many years ago, some said that the city was being punished for its Pride. Now that it is occupied by forces related to those which destroyed it, some are saying the same thing, that these vile demons are a divine punishment. For Magincia's Pride, or for that of Queen Dawn in daring to attempt to rebuild there, or both.

I disagree.

And, even if you think the Pride of Magincia deserved punishment, it is not for creatures of Sin to punish Sin, and the fate of Magincia is ours to decide, not theirs.

The Magincian Crusade is about the ability to decide our own fate. We punish, and reward, our own. If that is Pride, then I, with Humility, admit to it. And, with Valor, I raise my Leafblade to fight for it.

We are ruled by ourselves, our Queen, her governments, and our Virtues. Not by Virtuebane.

Join the Crusade!!!

-Galen Knighthawke
Antiques Dealer
0 x

Return to “Great Lakes Tribune”