Politics! Britannia! Interview with Governor Jameison of Jhelom

Discuss articles posted on the Great Lakes Tribune (http://gl.uorpc.net/glnews.php)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Vivian Fellows
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Post by Vivian Fellows » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:34 am

With Vivian Fellows
Welcome to another edition of 'Politics! Britannia!'. It is our personal goal to always bring you the most relevant interviews with the kingdom's movers and shakers. Governor Thomas Jameison of Jhelom will be joining us to talk about all the recent events: from peace negotiations with Nujel'm & Skara Brae to whether our kingdom should ever support slavery. The governor was kind enough to sit down with us shortly after the naval summit at Bordermarch.

Vivian Fellows: Greetings Governor.
Thomas Jameison: Greetings my friend.
VF: Thank you for agreeing to stay after the treaty negotiations to have this interview.
TJ: *nods*
VF: The Tribune and its readers greatly appreciate it.
VF: *looks at his papers and then folds them*
VF: Well, all my questions are now old news after that meeting and the possible developments between Skara Brae and Jhelom
TJ: *nods*
VF: Before we get to that, lets start with the meeting.
VF: The princess left feeling insulted.
VF: How does Jhelom feel regarding the issue of servitude based on debt.. or well.. in honesty.. slavery?
TJ: We oppose it, no, we abhor it is a better description.
TJ: While we cannot agree or even condone the laws of Nujel'm, we reserve the right to act in our own lands in accord with our conscience.
TJ: If someone escapes and comes to Jhelom, they will be offered sanctuary with or without a treaty.
VF: Speaking on that, you say Jhelom cannot agree or even condone the laws of Nujel'm, do you feel Britannia should even be in negotation with such a nation for a treaty such as the one on the table?
TJ: Well, we must negotiate to make what changes we can.
TJ: That, or go to war. Those seem to be the only two courses we can take.
VF: *nods*
VF: That is a bold stance. 
VF: It would be even bolder if not for the seeming change in attitude from Skara Brae.
VF: You have called Skara Brae imperialistic in nature before... What stance does Jhelom have on the peace overtures made by Skara Brae tonight?
TJ: Skara Brae's intervention in our territorial waters was a hostile act motivated by expanstionist desires.
TJ: If we go to war with Nujel'm with all the cities of Britannia, it would be to rid the world of slavery.
TJ: Those are two very different objectives.
TJ: Now, as to Skara Brae's overtures of peace and co-operation... I am willing to keep an open mind and a wary eye.
VF: Would Jhelom rather keep a wary eye from an island outpost such as this upon Dragon Isle? It is no secret that your island city-state once regarded it as your own territory. Are you ok with not having a presence here at the moment?
TJ: No, I eventually would hope that we could peacefully regain the lost territory.
TJ: In these troubled times, I will seek a way to have an outpost near here to keep an eye on Skara Brae's activities.
VF: Are you not worried that Skara Brae might find such an act provocative?
TJ: I worry more that they will see a lack of action on our part as weakness.
TJ: Captain Riley is an unkown factor, his predecessor was a danger to my island.
TJ: I must be wary and watchful.
VF: Final question Governor... we are approaching election time soon for the High Council and I've heard your name in the rumors.
VF: Is it true you might be considering challenging the Chancellor?
TJ: I have made no decision regarding other political office.
TJ: I remain focused on serving the citizens of Jhelom at this time.
VF: A political non answer if I have ever heard one!
TJ: *smiles*
VF: Thank you once again for the interview, Governor. 
TJ: Thank you.
VF: Have a safe journey back to Jhelom.

Governor Jameison left the main hall to make his way out of the fortress. From the parapets, I could spy a repaired orc ship flying the flag of Jhelom. With the workers of Bordermarch hustling about to finish repairs for Sir Sentri, I found my way out of the fortress. I looked back and saw the paladins stacking cannonballs. They were certainly not preparing for a sustained peace.

Politics! Britannia! is an article series that tackles the goings of the King's Council, the High Council and it's many apparatuses, including the High Court and Britannian Armed Forces. Host Vivian Fellows maintains a small cottage north of the city of Britain
0 x

Return to “Great Lakes Tribune”