Minister Hla-ate Apologizes For Gargoyle Comments...

Discuss articles posted on the Great Lakes Tribune (http://gl.uorpc.net/glnews.php)

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Vivian Fellows
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Minister Hla-ate Apologizes For Gargoyle Comments...

Post by Vivian Fellows » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Hoping to quell the growing criticism, the DaKaren administration is addressing the racist remarks made by the Minister of Virtue, Malag-aste Hla-ate towards gargoyles at the last High Council meeting. The following apology has been received from Minister Hla-ate:

Citizens of Britannia,

I apologize if my comments were construed as racist. Was not my intent that they be as such. I have nothing against gargoyles, or the gargish race in general. I merely wanted to convey my concerns over the current status of relations in Ter Mur and that one needs to extra cautious in regards to people being armed in the High Council chambers.

As for my statements regarding my own race of Ilythiiri, well those are personal. My duty is to the Kingdom first. I am a Knight, and ever shall I be. My duty is to protect and uphold the laws of the land and keep its citizens safe. I bristle at the sight of weapons drawn within the chambers of the High Council. The only ones who should bear arms inside the chambers are Guards appointed by the Council and the Britannian Armed Forces.

Again, I humbly apologize if my remarks seemed racist in nature that was not their intent. The intent was to keep the council members safe from all threats.

Sincerely,
Malag’aste Hla’ate, Minster of Virtue

Chancellor DaKaren also wanted to address the situation before it became a dark mark on his administration. He sent the following statement:

I have spoken with Minister Hla-ate and I believe that he truly regrets any doubts in the High Council that his unfortunate comments may manifest in the minds of Sosarians and Ter Murians. The High Council has always striven to see the best in an individual regardless of their race, creed, or nationality – it shall continue to do so in the future.
0 x

Return to “Great Lakes Tribune”