FAQ Friday #1 - 9/17/10

News from the UO Herald (Patch Notes, announcements, and FoF) Please discuss these posts in General Chat or 'The Ranter's Soapbox' as appropriate.
UO Herald
Official UO News
UO Shard: Origin
Character Age: 0

FAQ Friday #1 - 9/17/10

Post by UO Herald » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Originally posted 17 Sep 2010 16:33:07 by James Nichols on the UO Herald:

Greetings!

Today we start a new Herald feature: FAQ Friday - we've collected together answers to Frequently (and sometimes not so frequently) Asked Questions within the community.

Want to see your question up here? We select questions from the UO Stratics "Ask the Devs" forum (http://vboards.stratics.com/ask-devs/), so head over there to post your question and we might answer it in a future post! Please keep in mind that these won’t always address major topics of conversation, this is simply another way of sharing info about the game that won’t necessarily make it into a Producer’s Update or patch note.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Smooth Boat Movement

Q - "At the Town Hall, UO:AHS was previewed in a pre-alpha build that looks as slick as can be. Piloting a boat looks like it will never be so fun as it will be post booster pack expansion.

However, I've also heard and am to understand that the smooth movement basically treats the boat like one gigantic mount that's stuck to the bottom of the driver, who must drive by accessing the steering wheel.

This brings up three questions, and, understanding that AHS is in pre-alpha, I'm curious about the current version and the intended release version.

1) Is boat movement smooth for your passengers as well, or is it as choppy as it used to be for them?

2) Does the pilot have to remain standing still while piloting?

3) Can the guns be fired while the ship is in motion?

Thank you."

A - From Mike "Phoenix" Moore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDian FlGith

1) Is boat movement smooth for your passengers as well, or is it as choppy as it used to be for them?

It's smooth for everyone.

Quote:
2) Does the pilot have to remain standing still while piloting?

When in mouse control mode, your character is immobile. Toggling in and out of mouse control mode is quick and easy. You can pilot the ship that way standing anywhere on the deck.

The existing methods for ship control will also work on the new ships as well; mouse control is completely optional.

Quote:
3) Can the guns be fired while the ship is in motion?

Yes!

Legacy Boat Movement
From R Traveler

Q - "Does mouse control works for legacy (existing) boats?
If yes, does booster pack required for this?"

A - From Derek "Supreem" Brinkmann:

No, mouse control can only be engaged from the ship’s wheel, which the old ships do not have.

New Boats
cdavbar
Q - "Hello,

Couple questions with new boats.

1)First off are the old style boats still available to users?

2)If old style boats are still available is there a limit on how many you can have (i know there is a limit on new ones)

3)If old style boats are still available do they still have cargo holds?

This is much needed information since i have many boats and dont want to lose the items in my holds when the booster comes out. So i need to know so i can transfer items somewheres.

Thank you"

A – From Derek "Supreem" Brinkmann:

Quote:
1)First off are the old style boats still available to users?
Yes

Quote:
2)If old style boats are still available is there a limit on how many you can have (i know there is a limit on new ones)

The old boats will also be limited to one deployed per character. We haven’t yet decided how we are going to handle existing old boats when the booster is released. As soon as we make a decision on this we will be sure to let everyone know.

Quote:
3)If old style boats are still available do they still have cargo holds?

Yes the cargo holds on old boats will not be changed.

Melisande Hair Dye
Pinco
Q- "There are many other source that says 26, 20 colors, but the truth is that there is not an official number for that (just today I found another hue that is not in the list up there).

The questions are:
- Is there a fixed number of hair dyes coming from melisande or they are totally random?
- (if yes) Is possible to have a list of the colors available from melisande (in order to avoid the buying of a color that is not coming from that collection)?"

A - The truth at last! Melisande can spawn any of the 26 "special hair dye"s with a hue ID between 1150 and 1175.

That should help!

Does the Ring of the Servant replenish it's charges?
Cantabrigian British

Q - "I am trying very, very hard to figure out if this ring: ring of the servant replenish it's charges once used? Or is it only a limited number of uses?"

A - That item does not replenish its charges.

Gypsys and Moonstone Jewelry..
DanteSignas

Q - "Mesanna, you said over the past weekend you would find out about the drop rates on these items. Were you able to get any details?

Thanks!"

A - Mesanna was happy to followup! The drop rates for Moonstone Jewelry are 1 in 25,000 - good luck!
0 x

Return to “Global UO News”