FoF for 9/11/09: Woo Hoo Stygian Abyss is Here

News from the UO Herald (Patch Notes, announcements, and FoF) Please discuss these posts in General Chat or 'The Ranter's Soapbox' as appropriate.
Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

FoF for 9/11/09: Woo Hoo Stygian Abyss is Here

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 am

Originally posted 11 Sep 2009 14:58:30 by Chrissay Zeeman on the UO Herald:

In this week's Five on Friday it's all about Draconi answering your questions.

Hi ive played the SA beta, and with the altaring items to gargish function while crafting didnt keep the specials, i altared a titans hammer but the specials wernt whirl wind and crushing blow, but had the specials for the newer mace, will this be fixxed? or u cnt use whirlwind as a gargoyle?..

We’re working out an alteration conversion scheme for artifacts right now, actually! The challenge is just what you mentioned: many of the new weapons and armor for the Gargoyles don’t actually match up with any of the classic items’ base stats. For instance, the Pixie Swatter, if directly converted right now, would be insanely fast! (2.25 swing speed!). This is just because of the way base item statistics work (they’re literally tied to the art!)

All in all, it’s a bit of a challenge, but we’re actively exploring a solution – stay tuned!
-Draconi

--

This is a question that I have had or heard many times over the years. Will/Is there anything going ot be done with pets such as Armor/Collars that can increase their stats?

I’ll be honest, we haven’t really planned anything along these lines. Sakkarah added some craftable collars to use in the Battle Chicken system though, but they’re not quite what you’re asking for. Still, I know we’d like to do more with pets. The entire discussion about pet dyes evolved into a serious Art/Engineering question about how to make the pet models themselves more extensible, the ideal solution being things more like the swamp dragon barding.
-Draconi

--

Pre AOS you could cut up bodies and hand heads in, there used to be bounty boards. This was such a fun aspect to the game and created real competition....."who could get the head of the best pvper on the shard?"

You know, I always thought it was lame that they removed that stuff. Then again, there were serious legal reasons that the “corpse cutting up” and “making people jerky” had to end. Also, the bounty system was just massively abused because of the way it was implemented. If we ever do a bounty system again, it has to be designed in a way that doesn’t make it easy for friends to just friend-kill/turn-in one another.

I think I’ve seen about over a hundred suggestions on the boards on how to do it though :)
-Draconi

--

Will you guys ever remove the faction alliance with none faction guilds? Also would it be to much to ask for you guys to remove the gate in the Shadow Lords faction base, it extremely annoying when all they have to do is say chaos and there off the server!

Yes, it’s not intended for faction alliances to work with non faction guilds. I expect it to be addressed as part of the Live development cycle.

As far as the gate to the secret room for the Shadow Lords – every shard who’s Shadowlords faction lost the Crimson vs Platinum dragon event has already had it removed.
-Draconi

--

I was wondering if they will make it so you can resize your house without having all your items drop to the ground. I have one account that is 17x18 and would like to make it 18x18 but I cant without having to purchase another account and I dont think I can afford that... Thanks!

This would be a *wonderful* feature. The current resizing system leaves a lot to be desired – it was an attempt just to even allow people to safely own their “house region” for a while to ward off script placers.
-Draconi

Announcements:

Stygian Abyss has launched! If you haven't purchased your copy yet click HERE (http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/launch/)!

--

Submit your question for the Five on Friday HERE (http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php).
0 x

Return to “Global UO News”