why are they doing this

OOC Global Board. This forum is for when you need to rant about UO, a patch, lack of a patch, the state of developer communication, or when that dead horse twitches.
Unhai
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 3
Guild Affiliation: ToM

why are they doing this

Post by Unhai » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:32 pm

one thing ive always loved about UO is that its its own unique world one that is full of original thought and content but when i started playing again and downloaded KR i was sad to see that the dev team is attempting to turn UO to be like the millions of other MMOs out there with things like rows of keys at the bottom, genaric charactors sprites, no longer being able to see the art people put on there rooftops and turning the marco system upside down and i feel like UO is being invaded by the mainstreem like they are forgetting about there core of players and like they are selling the uniqueness of UO for new customers i like the way UO was already there was no need to change it if it brings in a bunch of new RPers and players ill be happy but i just want UO to be UO i want it to be a unique game that offers things no other game can offer it was like that so why try to dress it up and make it look like another WoW (with i tryed and hated)

bottem line UO should be enhanced but dont change what it is UO was the first serious MMO and nothing will be as good as the original so i think it should be cept original
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Re: why are they doing this

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:19 am

While I personally prefer KR over the outdated 2D client, I hate to break it to you but KR is about to be obsolete.

The SA client was released for public beta on friday. It is very similar to KR, and yet not at the same time. I strongly suggest you uninstall KR and download SA.

UO has to become more mainstream and follow some of the major MMO conventions if it is to survive. SA is attempting to do that, but it is not perfect and will take some getting used to.

Download it and try it before responding, if you do.
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Unhai
Citizen
Character Age: 3
Guild Affiliation: ToM

Re: why are they doing this

Post by Unhai » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 am

thanks for your reply

i had actually already downloaded and used SA before i posted this i wont pass judgment on an unfinished product thats not fair to the makers ounce they work the kinks out ill then pass judgment as a consumer

however for the time being im sticking with the 2D cliant (i actually have all 3 installed on this comp) it runs alot smoother and dosent have strange bugs for example i was practicing PvP with willardToM yesterday and i used SA to see how it would go and he turned into a naked guy with no mount i was so confused i stopped the fight after he returned to normal and we had another go he said that all of the sudden i turned invisable while fighting him the only thing he could see were the damage counters over our heads we both switched back to the 2D cliant and both performed at a much better level

i will say that i have seen an influx of young players (and hopefully future RPrs) since my return that i hadent seen since the days of AoS so one could argue that this more mainstreem look is for the greater good of the game i guess its like this new Xbox360 and i still liked my N64 (yes i do play my ol N64 over my Xbox somtimes)

i guess the bottem line is what is old and proven will have to make way for the possibilitys of the new however ill hang onto to the old for as long as i can becouse its what got us here

-Unhai
0 x

Return to “The Ranter's Soapbox”