Post your character's biography.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Caylee Maer
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Caylee Maer

Post by Caylee Maer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:07 am

I am Caylee Maer-Diem. I am from a family and tribe that are spellcasters and crafters. But aren't we all? My father ended up more of a workaholic after I was born and had no time to spend with us at home. Mom wanted more children, but was honor bound to Father and therefore stayed true to him. Both of my grandparents tried to reason with him, telling him he needed sons to carry on the traditions and family name. When I reached of age to marry. My father tried to force me into a marriage with a man or being, he did not bear any semblence to me of elf, human or gargoyle; that was blocked by the elders. He left, took everything. Left us with nothing but an empty home. My grandparents then took us and said it was way beyond the time for us to rely on any one man. Mom had her skills and crafts and found gainful gold to support us. With the help of the village elders, we got the basics and again had a home we could stay in. My grandmothers taught me how to haggle, and took me with them to see beyond the town and village. I was introduced to taking things apart. When that was sent by pigeon to the village elders, the town seemed abuzz on our return. I was tested. And was told I had a gift, one that needs time with the elders. They say I need to learn to control and command my gift. When the time came, our town became ill. Lots of the townfolk have not fully recovered and we have been striving to get our town back to what it should be, then to get it back to what we feel is normal. We have had to rely on outsiders, and traders to help with supplies. The few that retained their health that can still craft, do so for barter, and my haggling comes in handy. I have managed to save goods bartered/traded for other goods. I also know the seasons a bit which helps on what I know what to not haggle on in regards to it is a rare item due to it not growing, or what is gone south for warmth or north for breeding.
Our last big trip was many moons ago now. On that trip I found another that reached my soul. The elders were upset, he was of questionable character to them. Around me he was gentle, protective and supportive. The elders took it upon theirselves to find a husband who met their needs for me. I met my soulmate on the shoreline, in the harvest season, and by moonlight we were wed. *by arrow* We were caught, before it was to late and they saw no other way and offered him no other alternative. (ooc shotgun wedding but with archery weapon). He did say there was an alternative, to steal me away, the elders said that would ruin things more than my name. It would ruin the tradition, the family, the elders. And they found after many moons of arguing, a common ground to work with not involving bloodshed within the town and tribal area.
I am off to the bigger cities to haggle as winter is almost here. And I need more parchment so that I may do the work given to me by the elders, the training they are giving me to control my gift and also to write my daily diary.
0 x

Return to “Biographies”