An Introduction

IC RKR BOARD: Future members of the Knights.

Moderators: MalagAste, Ludwig

ErvinBloodstone
Noob
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

An Introduction

Post by ErvinBloodstone » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Greetings Knights and Squires, please allow me to introduce myself, I am Ervin Bloodstone. I have lived a long life on Sosaria and with the blessings of the Gods I will continue on my path. But enough ramblings on my part, please allow me to properly introduce myself.

As I have already stated my name, let me tell you a story of my family and of my life. I find it curious and sometimes entertaining to the notions that people come up with about my last name, so let's start there shall we? My father, Theros Bloodstone, was a prospector of mines. He would pick his axe away at the mountain's underbelly hours upon hours in search of jewels and precious metals to sell and provide for his family. Working tirelessly just to make end's meet, my father decided the mines of Minoc were not producing enough so he packed his family up and we began traveling Southwest towards the Western Mountains outside of Trinsic. He had heard rumor of newly discovered ores that the smith's were paying well for. We set up camp in a dingy tent town along the mountain side and he began searching for the new ore. It wasn't long after arriving that he began pulling a dark shadowy ore from the mountain side and we finally started getting a taste of the "good life".

One early morning while out mining, my father noticed something green catching the sun's light in the jagged stones. Using a small pick he extracted the stone and stared at in marvel. He had never laid eyes upon such a extraordinary stone before in his life! It was a fairly large stone, about the size of a grown man's fist, and it was colored a deep green and speckled with splotches of vibrant red - blood red. He named it a bloodstone because of it's appearance and because of it's rarity word had spread quickly across the land. It was during those times that people were named after their profession or reputation, and we quickly became the Bloodstone family. Unfortunately with this new found fame came the foul scum seeking to take it away from him. He was stabbed in the back with a poisoned dagger on the busy streets of Britain while on his way to show his beloved treasure to Lord British himself. Before my father departed on what became his final journey he had told me he was going to donate the stone to the Museum so that all may behold it's beauty. To this day we do not know of the location of the bloodstone but rumors still keep the hope alive that I will one day be able to track down the stone and return it to the resting place of my father's wishes, the Museum in Vesper.

Well now you know a bit about my past, let my share a few passages about my siblings and my life thus to this point. I come from a large family of 5 brothers - Euwan, Irvin, Ivan, Ian, and myself. Euwan being the eldest followed in the footsteps of my father and became a craftsman. Next in line are Irvin and myself, Ervin. Twins born only minutes apart but each born on different sides of the Winter Solstice. Growing up Irvin, traveled down the darker more evil path while I tried to honor my family name and follow the virtues. After a violent confrontation we had in our younger days we have not seen each other for many years, and if we were to there would surely be blood split. Ivan was the smallest of all the children and had to learn to use his wit over his brawn. This led Ivan down the path to becoming a thief, or as he likes to put it "an acquirer of misplaced belongings". You would surely find Ivan to be full of charisma with a facetious tongue and a fun loving nature, but beware your purse when standing to close. Things just happen to find their way into his pouch! And last of the brothers is Ian, a strong warrior who grew up hunting in the great woods of Yew and later joined a militia based out of Jhelom. He is as chivalrous as any I have ever met and as brave as I wish I was. I only tell you of my kin because I am sure as time passes by and you get to know me you will meet them all with the exception of Irvin, I do not think he will be so bold as to show his face in daylight.

I myself have carved my own legacy at a younger age when I first became a master of the magics. I decided many years ago that I wanted to pursue those who were murderers, vagrants, and dishonorable men. I began searching for others that were like me, that believed in honor on the battlefield, and were not so barbaric in their ways. I found myself alone in this world without any other guilds to join. I decided upon my own to form a War Guild to seek out others to hunt down and bring justice to those who deserved it, and to fight along side those whose values were shared with mine. I formed Lords of War [LoW] and for many years we battled everyone from the foulest murderers, to the largest Guilds, to Factions, and everyone in between. At one time the Guild waged over 100 wars and there was no safe place for any of us to rest. As the battles waged on and on, time changed these lands and the Age of the Renaissance came to a closing and the Age of Shadows reigned in. Slowly the wars ceased to exist until there was no longer a need for a guild such as ours. People stopped fighting each other and waging wars and became engulfed with greed from the new creatures that appeared shortly after the Age of Shadows began. Knowing nothing but war, we all went our separate ways and disappeared into the shadows themselves not to be seen or heard from for a long long time. Some becoming mercenaries, others meeting their fate, all becoming loners in this world or the next.

Now, I am older and much wiser, but also not as quick as I was in my prime. I still study my magic spells and enjoy a good adventure but find myself wanting more. I want to once again feel what it is like to fight for justice along side of true compannions who are as willing to die for me as I am for them. This is what brought me to the Inn and why I am a Squire on his way to Knight. I am aware that I have to earn each of yours respect and trust, but please know that I am no young buck who still has his mother's milk around his lips. I am old and weary and some days not so polite, but I mean well. I only ask for a chance to earn your respect and in return I will give you mine. I look forward to our many adventures ahead and I do not expect to be on the path of a Squire any longer than is necessary.

Good day to you all,
-Ervin Bloodstone
0 x

Ludwig
Journeyman
Guild Affiliation: RKV

Re: An Introduction

Post by Ludwig » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Welcome Ervin! Glad to have you with us.
0 x

Malice-CLAN
Master
Guild Affiliation: CLAN

Post by Malice-CLAN » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes..welcome to the Knights Ervin..looking forward to fighting by your side.
0 x

Veritus
Neophyte
Guild Affiliation: Temple of Mondain

Post by Veritus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Hmm.. New blood. I look forward to spilling it. :twisted:
0 x
-Veritus, Arch Priest of Mondain
"The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world; Through this I know the advantage of taking no action." ~Lao Tzu

ErvinBloodstone
Noob

Post by ErvinBloodstone » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:15 am

Veritus wrote:Hmm.. New blood. I look forward to spilling it. :twisted:
As I look forward to you trying.
0 x

Veritus
Neophyte
Guild Affiliation: Temple of Mondain

Post by Veritus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Ah, brilliant! I love to work for my food. :twisted:
0 x
-Veritus, Arch Priest of Mondain
"The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world; Through this I know the advantage of taking no action." ~Lao Tzu

Return to “Squires of Redemption”