Feedback on 08/31/09 Outpost

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

basil
Apprentice
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Feedback on 08/31/09 Outpost

Post by basil » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 am

Well I think it's safe to say this was the worst of our events. It was originally supposed to be a 30 to 45 minute event that would be short and sweet, but it turned out to be anything but. I'm not even going to beat around the bush. To note, this will be the last multi person event for a little over a week.

Postive:

None really, hehe.

Negative:

Well, I should have had everything setup yesterday, but I foolishly thought I would be home early enough to have everything setup for tonight. I didn't, work kept me late and I got home about an hour before the Council meeting. The Outpost wasn't finished, the characters weren't in place, and the materials to advance tonight weren't all in place. Add to the fact that it was really only 10 minutes before we were set to start that we confirmed you could not loot a pack llama that you killed of the enemy, even if it was orange. Thus why I had to be on a slave to carry the Blackrock shipment and why another character you were supposed to run into never appeared.

Also, as is been the case in the past few quests, people weren't sure when it was time to go back to the Trading Post as no one knew if they had accomplished everything they could before doing so. We've received a suggestion on this point and we plan to use it in the future for the Trading Post events. I will elaborate more on it at a later date or allow the person who made the suggestion to explain in this thread.

But mostly, I should be honest that I was tired and I was a little bummed we were short people for tonight. I would have never come along as Sir Basil Thorn if we hadn't been short. I was already playing the slave and having to run two guys just made the whole thing ten times slower than it had to be. Having tto dual client had a multiplier effect on the whole event. The whole point of these events isn't for me to rp this story, it's for you to. When I am there, I think people look to me rather than each other for answers. If you looked at tonight's event and compared it to the others, I am pretty sure you would agree. In the past events you all had to talk amongst yourselves and formulate a plan. Tonight, people looked to Thorn a lot which is NOT what I was going for and I was NOT doing a good job adapting to that. I tried to have Thorn RP that Thanatos was the Captain in his shiney armor when the slavemaster was inquiring who was in charge, but no one picked up on it and I pretty soon found that people figured Thorn was the Captain.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR NEXT TIME!!:

I bolded that on purpose. Sometime tomorrow (Wednesday, I know I said Tuesday in game but I don't want to say so and then not get home until midnight) night, probably around 9 or 10 CST. Some 'literature' will appear for sale on Higgins. The title of the literature will be straightforward as to who it's for. Take the book and find your mission in the middle. This mission will be geared towards our next event which will be AFTER I get back from PAX (Penny Arcade Expo over Labor Day Weekend).

Summary of Known Characters:
Sir Elric Spikes - Serpent Major in charge of the Fortress of Compassion in Britain, where Chancellor DaKaren is held. Loyal to King Casca. Originally believe to be behind this.

Sir Viktor Price - Serpent Major in charge of the Fortress of Spirituality in Skara Brae. Loyal to King Casca. In charge of the Blackrock Minining Program. Now believed to maybe be the one pulling the strings.

Nero of Tenebrae - Castellan of Serpent's Hold.

Sir Marcus Reyas & Sir Basil Thorn - Agents sent by Nero to Britain to maintain watch over the forces there. Sir Marcus Reyas has not been seen since Ra'Dian's encounter and is briefly mentioned in message captured from Spikes' office. Sir Thorn goes undercover as Forrest until recently revealing himself to the BAF as Sir Basil Thorn.

Summary of Items:
Four Uniforms
Ten Correspondences
One Map of Yew/Britain
One Code Book
One Travel Paper
Four Large Pieces of Blackrock

Known: Location of Chancellor DaKaren, Blackrock Mines Under Control of Casca'n Forces, Assassination Target: Castellan, Possible Location of RAF Outpost, Continued Blackrock Threat to Compassion Grove
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Re: Feedback on 08/31/09 Outpost

Post by Lord DaKaren » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:23 am

It wasn't so much as a suggestion really, as a stolen idea from the pre-EM Mythic plot events.

If anyone remembers, the events that mainly played out in fictional accounts on the UO Herald usually had some in-game corrolation that you could go look at. There, unless there was something for the player to day, you would find a piece of wax saying this was the 'end'.

Assuming that what I want to do its doable, when you reach the end of the night's event you will find a red rune saying 'STOP' or some such - the rune itself will lead back to the Wandering Llama. (The rune itself is to be considered an OOC element, and will be ignored by plotline RPCs)

It should help to curb the milling around wondering what to do next, and expidite the debrief.

Now, if only certain people wouldn't wander off during the events....
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”