Feedback On 08/29/09 Checkpoint

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

basil
Apprentice
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Feedback On 08/29/09 Checkpoint

Post by basil » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I know some people were confused on the starting time for this event, as we originally advertised it as Friday. Unfortunately, I found out Wednesday that I had to be available for a work event Friday so we postponed to Saturday. I was still surprised at the turn out, I had half expected only two, maybe three people. We are getting better at the time management thing. You'll probably also notice we've already posted an 'ad' for Monday after the High Council meeting. I am going to go ahead and say the start of that event will be subject to the length of the HC meeting as well as if EMs show.

I'm going to suggest before the next event, everyone with access to the Trading Post needs go and read the books that Ra'Dian took from Sir Elric Spike's office where DaKaren is held. These books are going to set events up going forward in a big way.

Postive:

Everyone was where they were supposed to this week. Last time we had someone go afk that lead to Thanatos running around Skara Brae longer than he needed to. We also didn't seem to get bogged down in the minutia as we did last time. Discussing the little things isn't a bad thing, but sometimes we do start over thinking things.

I really also liked the way characters were reacting to checkpoint after which it became clear they may have harmed an innocent civilian. The argument between Galen and Ra'Dian at the shrine was entertaining, as well as a good revealing of the difference between characters. All the stuff that makes RP great.

Negative:

Our first reaction has become a little too much of an attack/knockout first strategy that we tried to trip you up last night with the civilian. There are ways to get information out of characters without resorting to the easiest and quickest way possible to drag someone off and interrogate them. Marvin could have been turned if you would have taken time to identify yourselves and explain what was going on. His shock at being stopped when displaying the Casca's blue flag should have told you that he was someone who has the wool pulled down over his eyes at that moment.

Are the civilian and ranger dead? Who knows. The Tribune is going to receive propaganda from the RAF that does it's best to make you out to be traitors. Maybe the civilian didn't die, but that report from the wandering healer seems pretty convincing that she was dead! How are your characters going to deal with this? Will some not believe what is surely propaganda, will you live in denial, will you believe she is dead and feel as if you contributed to murder, or will you feel death or injury her sacrifice was needed for the Kingdom.

Summary of Known Characters:
Sir Elric Spikes - Serpent Major in charge of the Fortress of Compassion in Britain, where Chancellor DaKaren is held. Originally believe to be behind this.

Sir Viktor Price - Serpent Major in charge of the Fortress of Spirituality in Skara Brae. In charge of the Blackrock Minining Program. Now believed to maybe be the one pulling the strings.

Nero of Tenebrae - Most of you know him, but this is more for Thanatos and Galen who haven't met Nero before. Old Man and Castellan of Serpent's Hold, aka head of the City. Lucky when I am able to drag his ass back to UO ;p

Sir Marcus Reyas & Sir Basil Thorn - Agents sent by Nero to Britain to maintain watch over the forces there. Sir Marcus Reyas has not been seen since Ra'Dian's encounter and is briefly mentioned in message captured from Spikes' office. Sir Thorn goes undercover as Forrest until recently revealing himself to the BAF as Sir Basil Thorn.

Summary of Items:
Three Uniforms
Nine Correspondences
One Code Book
One Travel Paper

Known: Location of Chancellor DaKaren, Blackrock Mines Under Control of Casca'n Forces, Assassination Target: Castellan, RAF has Secret Base in Yew

Any thoughts?
Last edited by basil on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Thanatos Angelos
Noob

Re: Feedback On 8/29 Checkpoint

Post by Thanatos Angelos » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:07 pm

basil wrote:His shock at being stopped when displaying the Casca's blue flag should have told you that he was someone who has the wool pulled down over his eyes at that moment.
Er... never would have guessed that. Shock at being stopped really doesn't convey that implication. Besides, they were surprised last time we stopped the caravan too, but they didn't convert.

Oh and what was the elf's name? I forgot already.
0 x

Martyna Z'muir
Librarian
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Library of Sosaria
Guild Abbreviation: LofS

Post by Martyna Z'muir » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:57 pm

One thing to take into consideration here is that orange doesn't doesn't equate to 'evil,' nor does blue/green equate to 'good.'

If you stopped someone on the street and started threatening them don't expect to get hailed as a hero, especially when you then attack them. :Anxious

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar,
0 x

basil
Apprentice

Post by basil » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanatos,

I could see where someone might not think that he wouldn't turn anything over from previous experience, however the previous caravan had three guards. This time it was a messenger on his own. The threat of death would have probably been enough after the initial bluster.

As for the 'knocked' out thing. Well, it was a 50/50 call for us, because it wasn't emoted that you were knocking out the messenger until after he was dead. As a ghost, I saw you do it before the civilian female was killed, which left us with a few things to tangle with. How do we explain, In Character (IC), that you knocked out the civilian but not the messenger when you guys clearly thought that IC, you knocked both out. It was apparent if we didn't make a decision soon, we were going to get bogged down there, so we chose to 'kill' them both as it is easier to say both were dead. It also added a little bit of the "are we crossing any lines doing this?" to the whole thing .

The Elf was Lizb'et
0 x

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”