Feedback On 08/19/09 Caravan

GL OOC BOARD: Use this forum to ask questions and discuss Bard's Tales, current plots, and new ideas.

Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

basil
Apprentice
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0

Feedback On 08/19/09 Caravan

Post by basil » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I thought this event played more smoothly than the last and seemed to advance quicker. There are still things that can be tweaked and improved, but then again I expect this to be a continually evolving situation. One of the big things we are working on is fixing the notice for these events. I had sort of assumed people still gathered on nights such as off-nights for the High Council and for the weekly BAF Training. We will remedy this with more formal announcements.

The formal announcement will be an ad on the Tribune news for a trading post and a sale it will be having. The date and time will be a signal of when to arrive and meet.

Positive:

The quest started closer to on time than last week where we showed up 30 minutes late. This week I believe it was somewhere between 10-15. It's just hard to start on time when for many central and west coast players, 8cst, is just after dinner or during dinner. There is always a frenzy that leads up to right up to the beginning of trying to make sure everyone is where they need to be.

I also felt that everyone did a good job coming up with a plan for ambushing the caravan. The ambush itself was well executed. Rather than just kill and hope the corpses or pack llama might have something on it, you took the time to offer them the chance to turn over and tried to persuade them against the King before knocking them out. People were also thinking ahead and took the uniforms off the guards.

Negative:
n
After the caravan was captured and take to the Compassion Grove, we didn't really have anything to do with them. The BAF doesn't really have a place for prisoners anymore. I think YM may have a place, but unluckily for us there were none on that night. This poor planning on our part lead to them just being stuck in the stables of the Council Chambers.

I also have to apologize to Thanatos for when he went to deliver the letter. We weren't sure if you would press on after the caravan was taken so I asked Malick to be on in case you did. Seeing as he was playing another game, he wasn't paying attention to UO in the background. This lead to Than having to wonder around for about 15 to 20 minutes longer than he should have had to.

Summary of Items
Three Uniforms
Eight Correspondences
One Code Book
One Travel Paper

Known: Location of Chancellor DaKaren, Blackrock Mines Under Control of Casca'n Forces, Assassination Target: Castellan
0 x

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Re: Feedback On 08/19/09 Caravan

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Definately much smoother this time, and with less 'down time' in general.

Multiclenting went far easier this time as well, maily because I didn't have CS4 hogging the CPU. :Dancing

Lets keep up the good work and wrap up this leg of the story... There is no stool in that cell and I'm tired of standing... :oops:
0 x
-Lord DaKaren

High Chancellor of Virtue of the High Council of Britannia
Archmage of the Order of the Etheral Ankh

Administrator of UORPC.NET
do you have the character?

Return to “Roleplay Springboard”