Log of the Forty-seventh Governors' Council 6/12/17

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Forty-seventh Governors' Council 6/12/17

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:07 pm

King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
Jennifer-Marie: Good evening, Your Highness.
John: Good evening your grace.
Carpe Diem: Evening your grace
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Evening your Grace
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
Malag aste: *bows*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to Lord Raine (UORaine@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: He has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: I see that several governors were unable to be here tonight.
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
Jennifer-Marie: I would hope Governor Janice doesn't make an appearance ...
Tanda: Why Ghosts can be friendly too
Jennifer-Marie: As long as she is Ethereal instead of Corporeal ...
King Blackthorn: *nods to both governors and continues*
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Minoc this meeting. Governor Knighthawke, you have the floor.
Tanda: Thank you your Grace
Tanda: Minoc is preparing and continuing the search for the crazy Tinker
Tanda: the autopsy reports are in, and I will have them delivered to your mailbox
Tanda: regarding the beings that invaded Minoc
Tanda: a gruesome but interesting read
Tanda: I'd like to thank Malag Aste and Martyna
Tanda: for the defusing of the bombs in Minoc
Tanda: It appears I've got the support of my citizens
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *nods*
Tanda: the election thus far is going well
Tanda: and I barring my death or something
Tanda: will be returning for another term
Tanda: I yield the floor to Governor Willa of Yew
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Knighthawke
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew fairs well this year.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Barring any incident I too should be re-elected as no one ran against me.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Happy to say things are quite well.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I guess that's all I have I yield to Governor Diem.
Carpe Diem: thank you
Carpe Diem: I really have nothing to report all is going good.
Carpe Diem: that’s all I have for now
Carpe Diem: one of the thing
Carpe Diem: I will be moving to Jhelom very soon to take over there
Carpe Diem: I pass to Farrah
Farrah: Good evening your Majesty. The plague that was holding myself and city people hostage has subsided
Farrah: thanks in part to the many healers that came to our aid in our darkest hour...
Farrah: However while the plague was rampaging my lovely city with sickness
Farrah: the vermin had a chance to thrive. Sadly rats have multiplied in
Farrah: Skara brae...destroying crops. I'm now faced with reaching out to the bards and pipers across the
Farrah: land hoping to drive them out as quickly as possible.
Farrah: I have no fear that soon Skara will be happy and thriving again, that is with the help of my fellow
Farrah: Governors of course...
Farrah: And with that I yield.
Kittie: Apologies for my delay, I was dealing with matters in Lakeshire once more. Thank you your highness, Governor Farrah. The town of Moonglow seems to be the only one being contested.. so I can hope that the people will speak on my behalf once
Kittie: more. In the meantime, the Garden Gala has begun preparations. We are hoping for fair weather and good fortune to all that attend. *smiles* Other than that, there is nothing more I have to report. I yield the floor to Governor Jennifer
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, Governor Kittie. Good evening, Your Highness.
Jennifer-Marie: Trinsic is tenuously enjoying a period of abject prosperity. (Tenuosly because we are always on edge for whatever may come our way.)
Jennifer-Marie: The paladins we lent to protect Skara Brae in their time of need - erecting barricades to prevent travelers wandering in - have returned home.
Jennifer-Marie: The good citizens of Trinsic must have absolute confidence in me, because I am unopposed this election cycle and am looking forward to another term serving your citizens.
Jennifer-Marie: That is all I have to report. Thank you. I yield to Governor Dot.
Dot Warner: Thank you, Governor Jennifer-Marie. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain is doing well overall. However, the Minister of Trade has complained that inter-city trade has fallen sharply, though she isn't sure why.
Dot Warner: While Britain isn't in financial danger, it is concerning that citizens have apparently become disinterested. *sighs*
Dot Warner: The affluent citizens in northwestern Britain have *coughs* "mentioned" that the elder silver serpent belonging to the Kinship of the Rose is presently without an enclosure.
Dot Warner: While it hasn't attacked anyone yet, there are fears that it may, or that it may itself be injured by less skittish passersby.
Dot Warner: Although I'm not concerned about a repeat of the Golden Gaman incident in this instance, I do believe the serpent should be properly secured.
Dot Warner: Sadly, Abbot Amoranth appears seems oblivious to things around him.
Dot Warner: My last bit of news is mostly a curiosity... I've been receiving somewhat comical reports of increased numbers of mongbats around the city.
Dot Warner: Since mongbats are native to the area this is possibly due to a mating cycle. Though they tend to pose little threat in small numbers, the formation of a larger horde would bears watching.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you, Your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: *nods*
Magnus Grey: I yield the floor to Malag aste.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Malag aste: Thank you Minister Grey.
Malag aste: Before I mention the Mad Tinkerer in Minoc of minor note... there was a rat befouling your bedchambers I noted it on the way in...
Malag aste: And seeing as it might be one from Skara Brae I saw fit to dispatch it lest you fall ill.
Malag aste: As noted there was an uprising of self replicating Golems near Minoc.
Malag aste: Sadly they were mining Blackrock.
Malag aste: I really feel this to be rather worrisome due to the Zog incident in Haven.
Malag aste: The crafting of said Golems was finally discovered to be being constructed by a crazed Tinkerer.
Malag aste: Who sadly managed to slip away.
Malag aste: It's my hope that we will be able to track him down before he can do much more damage.
Malag aste: I have faith in your Minister of Security to insure that we will find him.
Malag aste: Thank you Your Grace.
Malag aste: *bows*
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Magnus Grey: Thank you, Malag aste.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: You have already heard about the situation in Minoc.
Magnus Grey: I will update you on two other issues.
Magnus Grey: The issues in Moonglow have been resolved for the most part.
Magnus Grey: Both Thariand and the Paradox Mane he created have been dealt with.
Magnus Grey: There is one outstanding issue: a strange ethereal version of the Lycaeum.
Magnus Grey: It was created by the Paradox Mane from its strange energies.
Magnus Grey: It is currently being studied by the Seers of the Moonstone.
Magnus Grey: They hope they can learn something useful from the structure.
Magnus Grey: I plan to have members of the Ministry of Security keep an eye on this situation.
Magnus Grey: A final issue is problems with a new group, the Britannian Purity League.
Magnus Grey: There have been attacks on non-human refugees in and around Cove by this group.
Magnus Grey: As soon as the golem problem is resolved, I plan to reassign security there.
Dot Warner: *sighs*
Magnus Grey: I am currently debating whether to use the Library of Scars mercenaries under contract,
Magnus Grey: The Royal Guard, another town's militia, or some combination.
Magnus Grey: There are various pros and cons to this delicate situation.
Magnus Grey: Any questions on this matter or Britannian Security?
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey and Grand Marshall Malag aste.
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, it will be interesting to read those reports.
King Blackthorn: Such interesting unknown beings wandering our world.
King Blackthorn: Congratulations as well to Malag aste and Martyna for successfully defusing the bombs.
Tanda: Hopefully it helps
Malag aste: Do my best Your Grace.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I am pleased that my capital city is doing well,
King Blackthorn: Though it is disturbing to hear that trade has fallen.
King Blackthorn: Thank you for informing me of the distress of the elder serpent.
Dot Warner: *nods*
King Blackthorn: I shall ask Lady Artemis of the Moonglow Zoo to check on its welfare.
King Blackthorn: Perhaps the serpent can take care of the mongbat problem. One hopes.
Dot Warner: *chuckles*
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Governor Jennifer-Marie, I am sure my city of Honor is prepared for
King Blackthorn: whatever troubles the future may bring.
King Blackthorn: How kind of Trinsic to lend support to Skara Brae in its time of need.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, may the sun smile upon Moonglow's Garden Gala.
King Blackthorn: Governor Farrah, my gratitude to the skilled healers of Skara Brae,
King Blackthorn: who guided the citizens through the shoals of the plague.
King Blackthorn: May the pipers be as adept in their craft.
Farrah: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor Diem, it is good to hear that all is well in my city of merchants.
King Blackthorn: I wish you good health on your long journey to Jhelom.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, I am glad that my city of Justice continues well.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: These were all ably handled by Lord Raine. My thanks to him.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for a very productive Council meeting.
Malag aste: *Salutes*
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
Tanda: Blessed Be
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”