Log of the Forty-second Governors' Council 1/23/17

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Forty-second Governors' Council 1/23/17

Post by Lord DaKaren » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 pm

King Blackthorn: Good evening, everyone
Janice Andrysiak: Good evening, your majesty
Kittie: Good Evening Your Highness
Jennifer-Marie: Good evening, your majesty.
John: Good evening your Grace. I will stand for Minoc and my wife.
Dot Warner: *nods and smiles at the King*
King Blackthorn: *nods to Sir John* Very well
King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to Lord Raine (UORaine@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: He has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: I see that several governors were unable to be here tonight.
King Blackthorn: Sir John is representing Minoc, would anyone like to speak for one of the other towns?
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: Please go eastward down the line this evening.
King Blackthorn: We will start from New Magincia this meeting. Governor E, you have the floor.
Mr E: Thank you your grace
Mr E: New Maincia is doing well. It has enjoyed a wonderful start of the new year and holidays
Mr E: Many reported spending time with family and enjoying the activities of the holidays such as
Mr E: majestic oaks holiday event. It was a great holiday and we are looking forward to a wonderful
Mr E: year ahead. I yield to the mighty John from Minoc
John: Thank you Governor. Greetings your Grace, greetings Governors.
John: Minoc continues to prosper in the quiet, highland way.
John: Our orcs, for want of a better way to phrase it, continue to fit in and contribute
John: to our way of life.
John: I forget if there was a meeting since the Nujel"m treaty,
John: but, even if so, I note again that my wife's treaty has been ratified by the relevant parties.
John: I note that we continue to fret for the possibility
John: of reprisals by the orc-king, in revenge for us allowing some of their own
John: to enter our world and leave theirs behind. Evil cannot accept balance or, well, acceptance.
John: It pushes, and we must push back.
John: I note also that there have been scattered reports of strange, grey beings,
John: not quite human and not quite monstrous in appearance, in our woods.
John: Whether they are a threat,
John: or a new friend,
John: will remain to be seen.
John: Doubtlessly I have forgotten something. But, to the best of my knowledge, that is all, and
John: I yield to Governor Warner.
Dot Warner: Thank you, Lord Knighthawke. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Trade in Britain has remained steady, though a bit flat. Hopefully on due to the weather and not the highwaymen I've heard rumor of...
Dot Warner: The citizens and friends of Britain did spectacularly with the first Artisan Festival Tree.
Dot Warner: Which I'd like to believe set the tone for the following host cities. *smiles*
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods vaguely*
Dot Warner: I'm looking to schedule the Fourth Annual Trans-Britannia Derby in late February. An announcement should be published on the Tribune in the coming weeks.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you, Your Majesty. I yield to Governor Jennifer-Marie.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, Governor Dot. Good Evening, your majesty.
Jennifer-Marie: Trinsic is in high spirits of late, since the election.
Jennifer-Marie: Currently, there is no news to present - but there are plans in motion for an event to come.
Jennifer-Marie: The hopes of the city are that this event will increase trade.
Janice Andrysiak: *looks down the line*
Jennifer-Marie: I look forward to Governor Kittie's report. *smiles*
Jennifer-Marie: I look forward to Governor Kittie's report. *smiles*
Kittie: Good evening Your Highness, Governors and citizens. *smiles*
Kittie: Moonglow seems to be doing quite well. From the holiday tree flourishing so early to the 2nd Annual Verity Holiday Ball being a success, the people of Verity isle are seemingly more than happy.
Kittie: Trade seems to be doing well, the coffers continue to rise and preparations for the 3rd Annual Moonglow Garden Gala and Faire have already begun for the Summer!
Kittie: We plan a great many games, prizes and gold to be won once more, making this one even larger than the last. *smiles* I only wish Your Highness would be able to attend all the fun and games.
Kittie: But, we do understand that Your Majesty is very busy and understand. *smiles and nods* Other than that, that is all I have to offer for tonight’s meeting. *smiles and looks to Farrah* I yield the floor to the lovely Governor of Skara, Farrah
Farrah: Thank you everyone, your grace. Skara is doing well, growing in population and trade.
Farrah: At this time there is no major news to report. The townspeople are happy, and everything is well.
Farrah: I look forward to working with my fellow governors in the future to create new and exciting
Farrah: events to draw an even larger crowd to the great town of Skara.
Farrah: And with that, I yield the floor. *Smiles and Nods to everyone*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Governor Farrah and Greetings M'Lord.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew is faring well though we have no news to report at this time.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We do have some concerns as well about Orcs, given that we have many Orc tribes nearby.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And well it's a constant threat.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We are also looking forward to working with everyone to make Britannia better and bring joy to our Citizens.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And we are thankful to everyone who voted the election in Yew was very close this year.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And I wanted to thank everyone who voted for me.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I'm very pleased to be back.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Looking forward to another wonderful term. My Thanks M'Lord. And I yield to Governor Janice.
Janice Andrysiak: Thank you, Governor Willa.
Janice Andrysiak: Your Majesty, governors, citizens.
Janice Andrysiak: I have prepared a few remarks on behalf of the people of Jhelom.
Janice Andrysiak: *consults notes*
Janice Andrysiak: I estimate this should take no longer than 45 minutes. Perhaps an hour.
Janice Andrysiak: *clears throat*
Dot Warner: *chokes slightly*
Janice Andrysiak: During my time as cl-
King Blackthorn: *stares at the pile of books*
Janice Andrysiak: *looks down the line*
Janice Andrysiak: Is.. is that not enough time?
King Blackthorn: Please go ahead.
Janice Andrysiak: *peers at the expressions of the other governors, looking flustered*
Janice Andrysiak: I will.. try to hit on key points, perhaps.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Kittie: *scritches behind her ear*
Janice Andrysiak: *quickly sorts through notes, tossing out pages*
Dot Warner: *rubs bridge of her nose*
Mr E: *Lays head on desk*
Janice Andrysiak: Jhelom's coffers are low; the previous governor, Thom Jameison,
Janice Andrysiak: had somewhat shady business dealings that have had a disastrous result.
Dot Warner: *feigns shock*
Janice Andrysiak: While we are working on correcting that, we are moving Jhelom in a new direction.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *rests her elbows on the table and begins to squeeze her cheeks making fishy lips trying to pay attention*
Janice Andrysiak: For too long, Jhelom has been a hotbed of violence, price and vulgar bravado.
Janice Andrysiak: I would like to move Jhelom in a different direction.
Janice Andrysiak: Focusing more on literature, philosophy, and higher learning.
Janice Andrysiak: To that end, I've brought a lovely book for anyone who wants a copy.
Janice Andrysiak: *pats books*
Janice Andrysiak: This is a copy of a well-regarded book by a paragon of this new Jhelom spirit.
Janice Andrysiak: JL. Polstan. Feel free to take a copy and be inspired!
Janice Andrysiak: *looks through notes, grumbles, tosses the rest*
Janice Andrysiak: With that, I yield the floor back to your Grace.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Kittie: *smiles and nods*
Magnus Grey: We are currently dealing with an unusually cold winter.
Magnus Grey: Mages from the Lycaeum have said it caused by debris and dust in the air from Balema.
Magnus Grey: Unnatural Blizzards and ice storms have made travel to Vesper and Minoc difficult.
Magnus Grey: We have been trying to arrange movement of food and supplies north.
Magnus Grey: Unfortunately, there was a poor harvest in Skara Brae this year,
Magnus Grey: And there have been some disruption of the caravans due to theft.
Magnus Grey: We have identified at least one group responsible, the Crossroads Gang.
Magnus Grey: However, given reports of exorbitant food prices,
Magnus Grey: It is likely that others are involved in this theft and profiteering.
Magnus Grey: Britannian Security plans to continue to lend aid in the region.
Magnus Grey: Though our focus will be more on security, rather than the humanitarian work.
Magnus Grey: Margaret Korbel has suggested reaching out to our allies for help,
Magnus Grey: Though she is not sure which allies to speak to first.
Magnus Grey: I will pass on any comments you have to her on this matter.
Magnus Grey: *takes out a piece of paper*
Janice Andrysiak: Hm.
Janice Andrysiak: Alas, I was not there for the signing..
Magnus Grey: Should I give a quick list of our allies?
Janice Andrysiak: Did our new allies in Nu'jelm have a good security force?
John: *nodding to the Minister*
Magnus Grey: We don't need much help with security.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well though Yew is not really known as a breadbasket we would be willing to sent flour and wood to Vesper and Minoc.
Magnus Grey: We need more help with supplies.
Janice Andrysiak: ah.
Janice Andrysiak: Hm. I must have heard wrong.
Janice Andrysiak: Then I suggest we do inquire with Nu'jelm, as we had just provided them with provisions, correct?
Magnus Grey: We can discuss if Yew has grains and other supplies to spare.
Magnus Grey: I will ask Korbel about Nujel'm.
Dot Warner: We could also try gathering food resources within our own communities.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well certainly we have quite a bit of wood we can spare... and flour.
Farrah: I agree *nods to Dot*
Magnus Grey: Briefly, our current allies are Tokuno, Ter Mur, the Meer, Heartwood, the pixies, Ocllo...
Kittie: Moonglow would be more than happy to send supplies.
Magnus Grey: *nods to Governor Warner*
Magnus Grey: That is a good idea.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Might even be able to send wool as we have quite a number of sheep in Yew.
John: *raises hand tentatively*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: If they need help keeping warm wood and Wool would be a welcome gesture I would think?
Magnus Grey: I will discuss logistics with some caravans in Britain.
Magnus Grey: *nods to John*
Magnus Grey: A question?
John: A note. For want of a better term.
Dot Warner: Perhaps we should have an infrastructure push... build some granaries...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Good idea Dot.
John: Minoc has been doing adequately perhaps because, like others, we have our own stores,
Magnus Grey: *nods*
John: and because myself and an associate or two consistently patrol the roads.
John: With that, and what others have said,
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Would certainly help in Yew if we had a bridge or Ferry to the Yew Far Farm
Willa of the Yew-Wood: In getting supplies and much needed food stores into town.
John: perhaps we should make a concerted effort to determine what we have, and may not have,
Magnus Grey: Vesper's mercantile nature has made the problem more difficult for them than for Minoc.
John: to determine to whom we need or not need to turn.
John: The less help we need to ask the better.
Magnus Grey: If Vesper and Minoc could do an inventory and tell me what supplies they need most
Janice Andrysiak: Jhelom feels the pain of Vesper. Our own stocks are severely depleted.
Magnus Grey: I could pass that on to the relief efforts
John: *trailing off and stepping back slightly to signify the end of his remarks*
John: *then nodding in reply*
Magnus Grey: *nods and takes notes*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well I hate to say this but Janice I hesitate to send wood to Jhelom in fear that it may be used to build more pirate ships...
Magnus Grey: Jhelom does import a great deal of grains and vegetables. Good point, governor.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Given the former Governors support of that sort of behavior.
Janice Andrysiak: The more suspect members of the Jhelom community have been expelled.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well that remains to be seen.
Magnus Grey: I will take these notes to Korbel and some of the other ministries.
Magnus Grey: Any other questions or comments about the situation?
Janice Andrysiak: None from myself.
Kittie: *shakes her head*
Jennifer-Marie: No, sir.
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Andrysiak, welcome to the Council.
Janice Andrysiak: *nods in thanks*
King Blackthorn: I wish you well in your governance of my city of Valor.
King Blackthorn: It sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
King Blackthorn: There exists certainly plenty of literature and philosophy focused on the art of war.
King Blackthorn: Perhaps that would be the best starting point for your citizens.
King Blackthorn: *looks through notes*
King Blackthorn: Governor E, it is good to hear that New Magincia enjoyed the holidays,
King Blackthorn: and spent time with family and friends.
King Blackthorn: Sir John, I wish Governor Knighthawke good health.
King Blackthorn: I am pleased to hear that my city of tinkers is prospering,
King Blackthorn: and that the orcs are productive and welcome citizens.
King Blackthorn: Yes, if the orc-king attacks, all must band together to protect our citizen orcs.
King Blackthorn: Thank you for your report about the strange gray beings.
John: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I agree that Britain did extremely well with the Artisan Festival.
King Blackthorn: I am proud of how well all my towns and cities worked together,
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Sadly, Yew didn't get an opportunity to participate.
King Blackthorn: to craft and celebrate the season.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I do hope we get to start it next year.
King Blackthorn: Yes, that was unfortunate.
King Blackthorn: Still, everyone worked together well. I cannot imagine a better Britannia than ours.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I agree.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Governor Jennifer-Marie, welcome to the Council.
Jennifer-Marie: *nods and smiles*
King Blackthorn: I wish you well in your governance of my city of Honor.
King Blackthorn: I hope your plan to increase trade succeeds.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, the Verity Holiday Ball sounds like it was a delight!
Kittie: *smiles brightly*
King Blackthorn: The summer Garden Gala sounds like it will be equally charming.
Kittie: Thank you, Your Highness.
King Blackthorn: Alas, heavy is the head that wears the crown. I am too burdened down by paperwork to frolic.
Kittie: *Nods* We understand *smiles warmly*.
King Blackthorn: I am pleased to know that my city of mages is being kept entertained though...
King Blackthorn: considering what mages can get up to when bored. *grins*
Kittie: *smiles and nods*
Kittie: *giggle*
King Blackthorn: Governor Farrah, it is good to know that Skara is beginning to recover from its blight.
King Blackthorn: An increase in population of my town of rangers is certainly welcome.
Farrah: *nods* indeed my grace.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, I hope that Yew is able to come to peace with the nearby orcs.
King Blackthorn: Yew has always been such a generous, welcoming city.
King Blackthorn: *looks through notes*
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: There weren't any this month, except those ably handled by Lord Raine. My thanks to him.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
Kittie: None from Moonglow, Your Majesty.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well there is the issue of that bridge or Ferry we could use.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Given you are a good wizard Your
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Grace
King Blackthorn: Alas, I fear that that is not possible at this time.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Perhaps we could get a permanent sort of portal or teleporter to the Yew Far Farm.
King Blackthorn: The Builders Union would never allow me to build it by magic.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Could you inquire with them then about a bridge?
King Blackthorn: I shall ask the builders about it, but their union is very strong.
King Blackthorn: Still, we shall see.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I'd certainly be willing to pay or run some kind of supply gathering effort if need be.
King Blackthorn: I shall inform them of that. *smiles*
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Your Grace.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors present for a very productive Council meeting.
Janice Andrysiak: Thank you, your majesty.
Kittie: Thank you, Your Majesty
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
Jennifer-Marie: Thank you, your majesty
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods respectfully*
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”