Log of the Thirty-seventh Governors' Council 07/25/16

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Thirty-seventh Governors' Council 07/25/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:10 pm

King Blackthorn: Welcome governors and citizens to this month's Council meeting.
King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
Kittie: *smiles* Hello your Majesty!
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to the Lady Wraith (wraithbroadsword@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: She has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: I see that several governors were unable to be here tonight.
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Moonglow this meeting. Governor Kittie, you have the floor.
Kittie: Thank you your Majesty. *smiles*
Kittie: Moonglow has been prospering. The Moonglow Garden Gala and Faire went on fabulously! A total of 126 million gold was given away! Many had fun with the games and
Kittie: truly adore the set up and the beauty that has been added to Moonglow's already beautiful city! The citizens are happy and I can only hope to continue on this path for the fair people of Moonglow and beyond. *smiles* That is all your highness
Kittie: I pass the floor to my dear Willa of Yew. *smiles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: l thank you Governor Kittie.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew fairs well... and all has been quiet far as I know. No one has really said anything.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We are hoping for a wonderful year of bounty.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I yield to Governor Thom of Jhelom.
Thom Jameison: Thankyou Governor Willa, Good evening your majesty.
Thom Jameison: Jhelom is prospering and my citizens are happy. I am happy to report an increase in trade.
Thom Jameison: I hope all your kingdom is as happy as Jhelom your majesty.
Thom Jameison: I yield to the lovely Governor Knighthawke of Minoc.
Mr E: *Glares at Jameison*
Dot Warner: *arches an eyebrow*
Tanda: Thank you Governor Jameison
Tanda: Minoc is doing well, trade is brisk
Tanda: Shepherds are reporting that flocks are increasing; we should have a lot more wool
Tanda: to export
Tanda: there was a brief incident with a gargoyle, an orc, human and a sheep
Tanda: but it sounded rather like a bad joke
Tanda: so I left it at all was resolved with no injuries
Tanda: we are investigating rumors around demons and orcs
Tanda: that is all your Grace, I yield to Governor E of New Magincia.
Mr E: Thank you kindly Governor Knighthawke
Mr E: I was going to start off about a joke I heard about a gargoyle, an orc, a human and a sheep
Mr E: But I think I will pass tonight
Mr E: Magincia is doing very well. I have a great staff and wonderful support from Goldie
Mr E: and Todie
Mr E: Sadly, Governor Farrah has become very ill
Mr E: I have sent her for more help and it has taken much of my attention
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Very sorry to hear that.
Mr E: I have spoken with Bentley and he will be returning from trade and helping
Mr E: Magincia is doing very well however. That is all I have at this time your grace.
Mr E: I yield to Governor Dot
Dot Warner: Thank you, Governor E. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: While Britain has been relatively quiet, the hamlet of Cove suffered what could arguably be one of its greatest tragedies in modern times.
Dot Warner: Director Ashburn has regrettably informed me that the entire cadre of R.A.S. healers and twenty-three patients and by-standers were slaughtered two weeks ago.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *gasps*
Dot Warner: Orcs appear to have been the tool so brutally used to end the plague, as they were discovered within the hamlet's walls at the time of the killings.
Dot Warner: I say tool because the "plague" was not an actual illness, but the twisted results of what can only be described as experimentation on the citizens.
Dot Warner: Director Ashburn of the Red Ankh Society has prepared a brief report.
Dot Warner: That is all I have. Thank you, Your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: The situation with the Zealots of Unthar was resolved.
Magnus Grey: We have retained a single glass sword artifact which is being held for future use.
Magnus Grey: Currently, the Ministry of Security is working to recover a lost Moonshade artifact.
Magnus Grey: The artifact, the Horn of Spite, is capable of controlling ratmen and other vermin.
Magnus Grey: A Rat Queen named Muroidea is trying to use the horn to unite various ratmen tribes behind her.
Magnus Grey: We have recovered another artifact that can partially neutralize the horn, the Harp of Sleep.
Magnus Grey: With this, agents of the Crown were able to prevent a massing of ratmen in Britannia,
Magnus Grey: But we were unable to prevent Muroidea from taking control of a tribe in the Abyss.
Magnus Grey: We have warned our allies in Ter Mur about this situation,
Magnus Grey: And they have been able to hold off several small attacks.
Magnus Grey: Still, they have yet to confront the bulk of the vermin army,
Magnus Grey: So it is likely we will be called in to assist as part of our mutual defense agreement.
Magnus Grey: I will keep you appraised of any changes to this situation.
Magnus Grey: Tomorrow, agents of the Ministry of Security will be publicly thanked for their good work.
Magnus Grey: Is there any message I should bring to them from you?
Tanda: From the Governors?
King Blackthorn: I will prepare something, but if the governors wish to add anything they should mention it now.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: If you would thank them for their service.
Tanda: We all have much to be thankful to them for
Magnus Grey: I will do that, Governor Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I know Yew has benefited from their help on occasion.
Kittie: Aye, I Second that from Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And we are most grateful.
Dot Warner: Indeed.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you dear.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Also...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Minister.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I am somewhat concerned hearing about Orc troubles in Cove...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Considering we have so many orc bands near yew.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: The news is extremely distressing.
Dot Warner: *mumbles*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I do hope you are keeping an eye on them...
Magnus Grey: I will speak to the guard about increasing the number stationed at each guard post on the road.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I would hate for a similar incident.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: That would be wonderful!
Magnus Grey: I hope each town's militias will also step up their defense drills.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I would be more at ease, thank you
Dot Warner: Two elite royal guards and a warship protect the most likely route between the orc fort and Cove.
Magnus Grey: If necessary, I'm sure some agents of the Royal Ministry will volunteer to train such militias.
Magnus Grey: *nods*
Magnus Grey: Any other questions about Britannian security?
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time. I will pass on your kind words to the Crown's agents.
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Jameison, it is good to hear that my city of Valor is
King Blackthorn: content and its trade is prospering.
King Blackthorn: Governor E, please send your wife, Governor Farrah, my best wishes.
King Blackthorn: I hope her health improves soon and that she is comfortable.
King Blackthorn: It is good that you both have loyal friends and assistants to help you.
King Blackthorn: Governor Knighthawke, it is good that my City of Tinkers is doing well.
King Blackthorn: I hope the commerce and exports continue to thrive.
King Blackthorn: I shall inform the Royal Guard of your concerns about demons in the vicinity.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, that is very distressing news from Cove.
King Blackthorn: It is good that my City of Compassion is helping Cove in its hour of need.
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie, it's good to hear that the Moonglow Gala and Faire was such a success.
King Blackthorn: It sounds like it was a lot of fun.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, I am pleased that my city of Justice is at peace.
King Blackthorn: I share your wish for a bountiful year for Britannia's breadbasket.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: There weren't any this month, except those ably handled by the Lady Wraith. My thanks to her.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Now citizens may present new issues.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *raises hand, then looks over at Margaret*
King Blackthorn: Go ahead, Dr DeSule
Margaret Korbel: After you. *smiles*
Dr Jerred DeSule: I wished to remind the council of the request on behalf of Nujel'm, though..
Dr Jerred DeSule: I suspect that is why the lady Korbel is here this evening.
Margaret Korbel: *nods*
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods*
Dr Jerred DeSule: Then I defer to you.
King Blackthorn: Ambassador Korbel
Margaret Korbel: Hello, your majesty and governors.
Dot Warner: *smiles*
Margaret Korbel: As I mentioned before:
Margaret Korbel: Treaty negotiations with Nujel'm are progressing as expected.
Margaret Korbel: They are also working to reform their debt and indentured servitude practices.
Tanda: *smiles broadly*
Margaret Korbel: They plan to punish those who use unfair debts to harm their island's poorest.
Margaret Korbel: They also plan to grant certain protections to those who are indentured.
Margaret Korbel: Suggestions on these protections from Britannia might guide them.
Margaret Korbel: I wanted to know if there are any provisions you wish me to propose to them.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *looks over*
Tanda: Is this something we can submit
Tanda: in written form?
Dr Jerred DeSule: If I may pose a question?
Margaret Korbel: Yes, of course.
Dr Jerred DeSule: ah.. words out of my mouth.
Margaret Korbel: Of course, Dr. DeSule.
Margaret Korbel: You may send a letter through the usual channels.
Dr Jerred DeSule: No no. Pardon me for intruding. Governor Tanda took the words out of my mouth
Tanda: *smiles*
Dot Warner: Is there a draft copy that we could see before making potentially redundant suggestions?
Margaret Korbel: Currently, I do not have one, but I will ask for their current working copy.
Margaret Korbel: They are still early in the process.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: That would be good.
Dot Warner: Are you working from the draft Governor Knighthawke wrote?
Margaret Korbel: For the treaty, yes.
Dot Warner: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: Their laws modifying the state of indenture will likely be separate.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I would be willing to work with them if they could make some sort of commitment to ending the owning of people.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: No one should be owned....
Willa of the Yew-Wood: You own a house... You manage your land....
Kittie: *nods and shudders, frowning deeply*
Margaret Korbel: I believe with the correct provisions, it would be more like entering into a contract together.
Margaret Korbel: Rather than one party owning the other.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: And you care for and are the guardian of your pets.... and animals...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: You do not own people.
Dr Jerred DeSule: Apprenticeships?
Margaret Korbel: Britannian apprenticeships have many safeguards.
Margaret Korbel: Such things do not exist in any form in Nujel'm.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: Which resulted in problems with the treaty originally, since we find the practice abhorrent.
Kittie: *rubbing her wrists, as she looked down at them, her ears laying flat back atop her head* Willa is right.. no one should be owned.. no matter the race..
Margaret Korbel: Agreed.
Dot Warner: "People" may need to be defined then.
Margaret Korbel: I do not wish to see Nujel'm move to other groups after freeing humans.
Margaret Korbel: I will make note of that.
Kittie: *nods* My people have already paid such a price in other places..
Martyna Z'muir: Try the word sentient.
Margaret Korbel: Perhaps sapient, instead? I will discuss the matter with those in Moonglow.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Sentient.
Margaret Korbel: On how to best define thinking beings.
Kittie: *nods* Well, Moonglow may not understand the full extent of what has happened with the Meer.. but I have tried to educate Moonglow in such awful practices.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *raises hand*
Margaret Korbel: True, with wisps, spirits, fae creatures, certain elementals, etc. falling under "thinking beings."
Margaret Korbel: Yes, Dr. DeSule.
Dr Jerred DeSule: Perhaps a committee of a pair of governors and a pair from Nujel'm could work on the details
Kittie: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: If you wish to form a committee, that would be fine.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *looks to the council*
Margaret Korbel: Though Nujel'm parties may not be able to discuss the matter directly.
Margaret Korbel: Since a Britannian finger in their law making might upset certain parties.
Dr Jerred DeSule: ah, I see.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Hum...
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well... I'm hoping they see the light this time.
Margaret Korbel: Though something covert may be arranged.
Margaret Korbel: I will discuss it with Princess Zaida.
Margaret Korbel: We also need to decide on a location for the treaty signing.
Margaret Korbel: Based on Nujel’m’s maritime location, I have four suggestions, each with different qualities.
Margaret Korbel: Serpents Hold shows strength, but it is a bit austere.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I have no intentions of assisting a Kingdom that enslaves its peoples.
Margaret Korbel: Vesper will display the strength of our economy, but has crime problems.
Margaret Korbel: Moonglow could exhibit our magical prowess, but might upset certain superstitious parties.
Margaret Korbel: New Magincia would demonstrate a certain humility, but lacks certain accommodations.
Mr E: *raises a brow*
Tanda: *raises hand*
Dot Warner: Would they not see any of our cities as a poor option?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well you can rest assured that Yew would be Just.
Mr E: What does Magincia lack?
Kittie: Each one of us, Governors of those respected cities, will be biased in our decision.
Margaret Korbel: Governor Tanda, you had a question?
Tanda: I was just going to say Serpent's Hold seems to be reasonable as it is NOT connected
Margaret Korbel: New Magincia does not have the opulence of the original town.
Tanda: to any of us
Margaret Korbel: I was simply pointing out that Nujel'm's royalty tend to expect certain aesthetics.
Martyna Z'muir: Why not Wind? It’s not a part of Britannia...
Margaret Korbel: Wind's status makes travel there difficult.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Some can't go there.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *chuckles at the idea of Wind*
Mr E: Well now that we have had a history lesson of cities.
Kittie: Well, there is always the Lycaeum.. near Moonglow. It is on Verity Isle and large enough to hold a grand amount of people.
Margaret Korbel: We have to send certain parties from the Lycaeum when we need to interact with them.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Why not use Luna?
Martyna Z'muir: Luna then? They're relatively neutral.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Do they not have a large room right above the bank?
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Certainly it would accommodate a large group of folk.
Margaret Korbel: If you wish to choose a location beyond Britannia, Luna might work.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Well it is a city of Paladins.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: So we know it would be secure.
Kittie: *nods* Luna is a good city..
Margaret Korbel: Both Tokuno and Ter Mur have treaties with us, but not Nujel'm.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: They do have a large gathering room there.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thinking of Ter Mur....
Margaret Korbel: I will speak with the paladins there about using that location.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I thought they were going to build an embassy here....
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Were they not?
Margaret Korbel: Of course, I believe we must wait until after they reform their laws, correct?
Dot Warner: *nods*
Kittie: To avoid any conflict, that might be wise.
Margaret Korbel: Yes, the embassy. I believe there were some issues with deciding on a location.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Ah....
Margaret Korbel: I will speak to the committee on that.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: *looks at her notes*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Lady Korbel.
Margaret Korbel: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Thank you, Ambassador Korbel.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
Now following.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors present for a very productive Council meeting.
Kittie: Be well your Majesty
Mr E: *tips cap*
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Your Majesty.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”