Log of the Thirty-sixth Governors' Council 06/20/16

Logs of the Governors' Council Meetings with King Blackthorn.

Moderator: Martyna Z'muir

Lord DaKaren
Site Admin
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 2129
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
Guild Affiliation: Order of the Etheral Ankh
Guild Abbreviation: OEA

Log of the Thirty-sixth Governors' Council 06/20/16

Post by Lord DaKaren » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:14 pm

King Blackthorn: *nods hello to everyone*
King Blackthorn: We have a lengthy agenda for this meeting, so let's get started.
King Blackthorn: If a governor will not be able to attend a meeting of the Council,
King Blackthorn: Contact my secretaries (Elizabella@uoem.net and Malachi@uoem.net.)
King Blackthorn: If you would like to make a request for assistance with an event,
King Blackthorn: it should be sent to the Lady Wraith (wraithbroadsword@gmail.com).
King Blackthorn: She has a cottage with a mailbox in northwest Britain, near the North Side Inn.
King Blackthorn: My secretary has informed me that Governor Kittie may not be able to attend tonight.
John: Nor my wife your grace due to a family member's return from a long trip.
King Blackthorn: *nods* Thank you, Sir John, for that information.
Mr E: Nor my wife... who is .... Well she is my wife.
Mr E: *shrug*
King Blackthorn: *nods* Governor Farrah?
Mr E: Aye your grace
King Blackthorn: Governor Kittie mentioned a few people who could represent Moonglow this evening.
King Blackthorn: *looks around* I don't see them though.
King Blackthorn: We'll we have several open seats.
King Blackthorn: Would anyone like to speak for one of their towns this evening?
John: Me for Minoc, your grace.
King Blackthorn: Excellent, please stand behind Minoc's chair.
King Blackthorn: Is there anyone else who would like to represent their town this evening?
King Blackthorn: Very well, we shall go on with the agenda.
King Blackthorn: Ah, I sense another governor making their way to the Council chambers.
King Blackthorn: Good evening, Governor Gurney. Welcome to the council.
King Blackthorn: Please take your seat.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: M'Lord your seat I believe is next to Aornis.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Dear me no next to the King there.
King Blackthorn: We usually meet on Monday evenings. That seems to be the best time for most.
King Blackthorn: Very good, now we shall continue.
King Blackthorn: Now I invite each governor to give a State of the Town status report,
King Blackthorn: With each governor yielding the floor to the next in line.
King Blackthorn: We will start from Vesper this meeting. Governor Aornis, you have the floor.
Aornis: Thank you, Sire
Aornis: All is well in Vesper. The summer has begun with a prosperous trade, something which
Aornis: has helped to continue improving our economy
Aornis: I yield to governor Willa.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you Aornis.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Yew is fairing quite well and wishes to thank all those who came to our aid and helped to save us from the blight.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *scans the room for the mysterious orc*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: The Baker and farmers and the millers are all extremely grateful for the assistance.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We shall continue to aide those in Skara Brae as we feel very sad that they were not saved as well.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Any assistance we can offer will be given.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: We are most grateful that we were not affected.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *smiles at Magnus*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thanks to the work of all the Guards and such who came to our aid.
Magnus Grey: *nods*
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Other than that things are quite well in Yew.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: I yield to Governor Thom Jameison of Jhelom.
Thom Jameison: Good evening your Majesty, fellow Governors. The city of Jhelom is enjoying a peaceful and very
Thom Jameison: prosperous summer. Our ships are traveling all over your kingdom and enjoying great success.
Thom Jameison: We seem to have the pirate troubles in hand and look forward to a great future.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *suspicious expression*
Thom Jameison: That is all I have to share with the council at this time and yield to Governor Mr E of New Magincia
Mr E: Thank you Governor Jameison. New Magincia is doing well.
Mr E: We are still very thankful for the aide of Jhelom in finding me and saving me from the
Mr E: kidnapping ordeal.
Thom Jameison: *smiles*
Mr E: Magincia trade is very high. Our spirits are very high. The land is doing great
Mr E: I look forward to some projects that might bring in other governors in the coming months
Mr E: That is all I have at this time. Other than trying to find my wife ASAP.
Mr E: *chuckles*
Mr E: I yield to John of Minoc
John: Thank you Governor, your Grace.
John: Minoc prospers, as ever, in the quiet Highland fashion.
John: Trade steady but not extreme, which is how we like it.
John: It is difficult to fathom the variety of beings that call Minoc home, until one sits at the bank there for long enough.
John: And sees the people come and go.
John: Gargoyles, humans, elves, orcs, miners, warriors... All going about their business, friendly but not overly so.
John: This weekend we host the troubadours of UO radio for their gaming night,
John: at a house we own in Malas.
John: My wife and I discuss other potential events.
John: I do suppose that was a long way of saying all is quiet and well.
John: Thank you your Grace, I yield to Governor Warner.
Dot Warner: Thank you, Lord Knighthawke. Thank you, Your Majesty.
Dot Warner: Britain's citizens continue to enjoy the fruits of robust trade and stable governance.
Dot Warner: Fortunately, Rodrik's farcical attempt to sway Britain’s citizenry were ignored.
Dot Warner: Britain's farmers are also thankful that the blight was stopped before it could affect their livelihood.
Dot Warner: They stand ready to abide by the contracts made with Skara Brae under former-governor Tensus.
Dot Warner: Director Ashburn of the Red Ankh Society says he will be requesting assistance the first full week of July, likely Wednesday the 6th.
Dot Warner: Details will be posted to the Tribune once his plans have been finalized.
Dot Warner: The next large-scale event will be the Smuggler's Run Regatta in August, though I may hold a city barbecue before then.
Dot Warner: Thank you, Your Majesty. I yield to Governor Halleck.
Gurney Halleck: Thank you, governor, good evening your majesty
Gurney Halleck: Trinsic fares well, as I have just taken the reigns I am currently setting up my cabinet and plan to maintain
Gurney Halleck: our lines of trade. I have no incidents to report that would be more than ordinary
Gurney Halleck: I yield the floor at this time
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors for keeping me informed about your towns and cities.
King Blackthorn: Our Minister of Security, Magnus Grey, shall now address the Council.
Thrubzurg: *spits on carpet*
Magnus Grey: Your majesty. Governors.
Magnus Grey: There are currently issues across Sosaria and beyond.
Magnus Grey: Eodon remains a major focus of our security efforts.
Magnus Grey: Geoffrey has asked for more forces to aid the Eodon people against the Myrmidex.
Magnus Grey: There have also been strange reports of a being called Zipactriotl.
Nugrunk: *spits on carpet*
Magnus Grey: Zipactriotl is a remnant of an ancient Eodon civilization called the Kotl.
Dr Jerred DeSule: *smells the air*
Magnus Grey: It is unclear what threat this is to our side.
Magnus Grey: But it does seem to be causing problems for the Myrmidex.
Magnus Grey: We still need more information on the history of Eodon.
Magnus Grey: A current security issue is the Zealots of Unthar.
Magnus Grey: The lich cult recently poisoned several fields in Skara Brae.
Magnus Grey: The Royal Guard has been called in to contain and deal with Unthar's Blight.
Magnus Grey: Hopefully, they can resolve the situation.
Magnus Grey: We have also recovered several magical glass swords to deal with such undead.
Magnus Grey: The Ministry of Security plans to continue work to stop this dangerous group.
Magnus Grey: For good.
Magnus Grey: The Ministry is still working on a plan to station forces on the fragment world, Balema.
Magnus Grey: While mostly a barren ruin, it is a likely target for certain aggressive forces.
Magnus Grey: I'm still not sure the best approach to Balema and would welcome advice.
Magnus Grey: Any questions or comments on Britannian security?
King Blackthorn: It seems not, though perhaps someone will communicate with you privately later.
Magnus Grey: *nods*
King Blackthorn: My thanks to Minister Grey.
Magnus Grey: Thank you for your time.
King Blackthorn: Now I shall respond to the State of the Towns.
King Blackthorn: Governor Jameison, it is good to hear that my city of Valor is at peace,
King Blackthorn: and that the shipping trade has been prosperous.
King Blackthorn: I congratulate you on your success against the pirate menace,
King Blackthorn: and applaud your assistance in the rescue of New Magincia's governor.
King Blackthorn: Governor E, I am pleased that my city of humility is contented,
Thom Jameison: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: and that the economy is doing so well.
King Blackthorn: Sir John, it is good to hear that my reliable city of tinkers is steadily doing well.
John: *salutes*
King Blackthorn: Yes, the diversity of the towns is certainly inspiring.
King Blackthorn: I wish you well with the entertainments planned for this weekend.
King Blackthorn: Governor Warner, I am pleased that my city of Compassion prospers.
King Blackthorn: It is good that Britain is standing with Skara Brae in its hour of need.
King Blackthorn: It also sounds like Britain will be a social whirl this summer.
Dot Warner: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Governor Halleck, welcome to the Council.
King Blackthorn: I wish you well in your governance of my city of Honor.
King Blackthorn: Governor Aornis seems to have slipped away for a moment.
King Blackthorn: Still, I am pleased that Vesper is thriving and that the economy is robust.
King Blackthorn: Governor Willa, it is heartening to hear about how everyone worked together,
King Blackthorn: to save the town from the blight.
King Blackthorn: I am very proud of how my citizens help one another.
King Blackthorn: Now we turn to requests from governors.
King Blackthorn: There weren't any this month, except those ably handled by the Lady Wraith. My thanks to her.
King Blackthorn: Now we shall open the floor to new issues.
King Blackthorn: Governors may present any new issues first.
King Blackthorn: Now citizens may present new issues.
Margaret Korbel: Hello, your majesty and governors.
Dot Warner: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: After the successful rescue of Princess Zaida of Nujel'm,
Margaret Korbel: The Princess spent some time as a guest at Castle Blackthorn.
Margaret Korbel: Because of Britannian heroics and your majesty's persuasive arguments,
Margaret Korbel: The proposed treaty with Nujel'm is back on the table,
Margaret Korbel: Having been stalled since negotiations failed at the Bordermarch Summit.
Margaret Korbel: It has also been suggested that the island nation might make certain reforms.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: *appears apprehensive*
Margaret Korbel: While the problems of Nujel'm will not go away overnight.
Margaret Korbel: I believe we could suggest reforms that might mitigate indentured servitude.
Margaret Korbel: We could also suggest changes that would make predatory debt less likely.
John: I shall inform my wife, madam. As you likely recall she was instrumental in those negotiations.
Margaret Korbel: *nods*
Margaret Korbel: I don’t know if you would prefer to form a committee to discuss the matter,
Margaret Korbel: Or simply pass suggestions on to my office.
Margaret Korbel: The matter isn't pressing, so if Governor Tanda has suggestions, they would be appreciated.
Margaret Korbel: As would any proposals from any of you.
John: *bowing head* Thank you madam. I will pass it along. She will be very pleased.
Margaret Korbel: *nods and smiles*
Margaret Korbel: Any questions on this matter or other Britannian diplomacy?
King Blackthorn: Thank you, Ambassador Korbel
Dr Jerred DeSule: *looks around at the Governors*
Margaret Korbel: Thank you, your majesty.
King Blackthorn: Are there any other new issues to be addressed this evening?
King Blackthorn: If there are no further issues, we shall adjourn.
King Blackthorn: Thank you to all the governors and representatives for a very productive Council meeting.
Willa of the Yew-Wood: Thank you your Grace.
John: *bows*
Mr E: *tips cap*
King Blackthorn: My thanks as well to all the citizens who had the civic spirit to attend.
Margaret Korbel: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: Now we shall adjourn. Goodnight.
0 x

Return to “Governors' Royal Council”