Moderators: MalagAste, Tanda Knighthawke

Severn
Citizen
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 0
Guild Affiliation: NWJ

Motorcycles and Helmets

Post by Severn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

For those who ride motorcycles, and do not wear helmets, or wear half helmets, this is WHY you should be wearing full helmets!

And yes this is a very opinionated post, as had my husband NOT been wearing a full helmet today, he wouldn't be alive right now. Needless to say, I no longer have to argue with him about having a full helmet, and he no longer wants a half helmet.

Here's pictures, and details of what happened.

3 cars in front of my husband, a woman's car just dies, not even enough go go juice to make it to the side of the road.

This is on the 3 lane 60 mph highway mind you, so, cars behind her slam on their brakes, my husband hits his, and when his back wheel starts to come up beside him, he tries to straiten out by going to the left, but it seems the person right in front of him went to the left too...

He bounced off her car bumper, bike slid to the side of the road, and my husband skid, rolled, and bounced about 150 ft down the highway still in one of the traffic lanes when he stopped.

At which point he realized he was still in the road, this was bad, and jumped up and ran to the side of the road before someone ran him over.

Scrapped elbows, one chipped tooth, bit his tongue, and he's sore, but that's it, and he was able to walk away, because the helmet took most of the damage. And yes he was taken to the ER, scanned, looked over, and he really is fine.

But he's lucky, and it could have been alot worse, and no matter how safe of a driver you are, I would not have been okay with him getting a motorcycle if he wasn't a safe driver, accidents happen. Unavoidable accidents.

There's no reason not to do your part to be as safe as possible!
0 x

Return to “General GL Chat”