Galen's Report of the Incidents

Dicusssions and court proceedings for the High Court of Britannia.
Tanda Knighthawke
City Governor
UO Shard: Great Lakes
Character Age: 153
Guild Affiliation: TGD/ The Grateful Dead

Galen's Report of the Incidents

Post by Tanda Knighthawke » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 am

My name is Galen Knightahwke.

At the time of these events I was Grand Marshal of Virtue, though I am no longer.

These are the events as I recall them.

I was summoned to the Grotto, the tavern owned by Justicar Tanda, with reports of a disturbance.

I was informed by those present, and deduced from available evidence, that there had been an assault on the Dwarven treasure hunter, Rik Gemtrakker.

Based upon conversations with witnesses I learned and deduced that the assaulter had been at a table with another person, and that an unspecified shipment from Skara Brae to Serpent's Hold was a topic for discussion.

The assaulter was taken into custody by myself and Edon Machiavelli of the Yew Militia. Among other items in his possession was found a boat key, which I cast the recall spell upon. The key took me to a ship docked near the Grotto, which I commandeered and took further upstream to near Minoc.

Documents from the ship confirmed the talk I'd heard of a shipment from Skara to Serpent's Hold. Visiting Skara I noticed a ship I'd previously known to be associated with a slaving ring which had operated in the Jhelom/Skara region before.

Later that week I unsuccessfully interrupted an attempt to ship slaves out of Skara, and later-still rescued one slave (unfortunately only 1 out of at least 7 or so) from the Serpent's Hold, and uncovered evidence of a slaver's ring operating between Skara and Serp's Hold, with a layover in Ricardo's Cave (near the Dungeon Destard).

From all evidence uncovered I, as Grand Marshal drew the following conclusions.

One: That the prisoner assaulted Rik Gemtrakker, thus being guilty of a crime, is entirely doubtless. No witness save for the prisoner himself has claimed anything else, and no physical evidence has appeared that would in any way contradict eyewitness accounts.

Two: The prisoner near-doubtlessly is involved in the slaving ring. This can be deduced by the obvious connection between statements he made and physical evidence in his possession, and the plain evidence of the slaving ring.

In my judgment as Grand Marshal (I formed this judgment when I still was that), at minimum he is guilty of attempted murder and/or assault with intent to kill.

At maximum he is guilty of that, and of participation in a broader criminal conspiracy.
0 x

Return to “High Court Open Forum”